Audit Assistant Manager - Real Estate Asset Management, London
- Competitive salary and a broad range of employee benefits
- 26 Jan 2023
- 26 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Why Audit at KPMG?
Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Today, more than ever in disruptive times, Audit is a function needed by society, and in the future, so we can capitalise, and grow. As part of the Audit team, you'll be helping to build the confidence and trust that business and society need to thrive. We’re looking for people who share our commitment to achieving excellence and working to the highest audit standards.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
We understand that flexible working means something different to each of us, so we are happy to discuss options that suit your needs.
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Real Estate in London.
Our team works with a variety of market-leading entities including some of the largest real estate investors globally. We have won a number of Audit tenders in the last few years and expect to grow further in the coming years. We have deep sector expertise across Real Estate.
We take pride in our profession and our work. We are proud of our open and inclusive culture, where everyone has a chance to be their best.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth.
As an Assistant Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Real Estate audited entitys.
This will include:
- Supporting the Audit Manager in managing engagements, overseeing audit assistants’ work ensuring compliance with audited entity, statutory and KPMG Audit Methodology requirements
- Assist the Managers, Directors and Partners in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Building relationships with audited entity staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of audited entities
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
- Reviewing the work of others for quality, completeness and accuracy
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex accounting and audit issues
- Reporting to Audit Managers and Partners on all salient points arising from audits
- Preparation draft reports to senior management and audit committees
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Fully qualified CA/ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential. We will also consider those who are tracking towards full qualification (both time and exam)
- Experience of leading external audits from planning through to completion
- External audit experience in Real Estate sector is preferable
- Up to date technical knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102 and IFRS
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
- Experienced in coaching junior staff
- Collaborative attitude with an enthusiasm for coaching and developing others
- Passion for quality
- The ambition to monitor and uphold the highest quality of service and products to audited entities (internal and external)
- Proactive attitude with a desire for the opportunity for personal and professional growth
- The ambition to undertake new challenges and step up into supervisory roles, taking leadership
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.