Structured Trust & Analytics, Associate 2
- State Street.
- Quincy, Massachusetts
- Not disclosed
- 26 Jan 2023
- 26 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Financial analyst, Fund accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
Under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President, the Structured Trust and Analytics, Associate 2, is responsible for the day to day activities for a particular set of investment vehicles. Candidates should have some understanding of Structured Finance Transactions, have a strong client focus, be able to do well under pressure and successfully manage multiple assignments at one time
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements. Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Structured Trust and Analytics, Associate 2 you will:
- Run hypothetical trades through Excel/SOLVAS-based models and communicate results to the client;
- Create and update Excel-based models based on CLO Warehouse/Indenture documents;
- Execute Excel/CDO Suite models daily to calculate CLO Concentration, Coverage, and Collateral Quality Tests;
- Liaise with Collateral Managers and Auditors to reconcile data and produce monthly trustee reports and quarterly payment distribution reports for CLO investors;
- Advance relationships with clients, investors and internal groups within State Street;
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- A strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize deadline-driven workflow.
- Ability to work well within a small group and operate independently on short- and long-term goals.
- Detail-oriented and a natural problem solver; have the resolve to independently research problems and offer solutions.
- Excellent intrapersonal & communication skills – via phone and email.
- Passion for improving systems and processes.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to managing and manipulate large amounts of data in Excel
- Ability to create Excel-based models to measure various tests and parameters outlined in legal documents, preferable related to CLOs/Bank Loans;
- Ability to comprehend and interpret legal documentation such as Indentures and Offering Memorandums;
- Ability to work with credit instruments (senior secured loans and high yield bonds); and
- Strong communication skills/ability to work with clients.
- Systems: Wall Street Office, MS Excel, MS Outlook, SOLVAS, LoanOps Portal, My State Street, Bloomberg, LS Fax, Collaborate
Hybrid position - required working some days, each week, in the office
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at
State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
$41,600 - $60,320 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.