Senior Payroll Specialist
- TMF Group
- Brighton, UK; London, UK
- Competitive salary plus great benefits
- 26 Jan 2023
- 26 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices.
The Senior Specialist provides a first-class payroll service within the UK Payroll Team. The role works closely with the Payroll Team Leaders & Payroll Service Delivery Manager and is responsible for assisting with day to day support and supervision of the Team to review and maintain a high level of service delivery. The Senior Specialist will assist/manage and resolve any client escalations and strive for continuous improvement within the team. The role will be responsible for processing a small portfolio of client payrolls, as well as peer reviews of other payrolls. Accuracy and attention to detail are key requirements of the role to ensure work is of a high standard, leading to excellent client satisfaction. The role is client facing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the Management of a team of Payroll staff (Specialists, Administrators and / or Trainees) including allocation of work, review of workload and assisting with work related matters. Adhere to TMF policies and procedures (including four-eye principle)
- Assist in the resolution of team and client escalations. Maintain a full understanding of processes to be able to resolve matters swiftly and accurately
- Processes a portfolio of clients within the team. Set a good example to the team as to how to manage/process clients well and share this practice with the team
- Maintains effective relationship with clients and internal/external stakeholders, including banks, authorities, etc. Strive for improvements in client satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Keep up to date with new payroll and other required legislation and compliance (both internally and externally), and ensure changes are introduced to Team and client payrolls
- Manage payroll compliance requirements within the team including accurate, complete and timely processing of weekly, fortnightly and monthly payrolls, remittances and filings with appropriate tax authorities/pension providers as required and payments to employees
- Manages daily work ensuring Client data is received in a timely manner and in a format that is acceptable to TMF
- Assist and support the Team with high complexity matters, including Statutory and Occupations Absence calculations, Shares, Ex Pats, Pension Schemes, P11ds , BIK’s, final payment calculation, data input into payroll system, preparation of employer’s return, preparation of local pension filing, FPS, EPS etc.
- Attend Client meetings to deal with service issues and provide solutions which appease situations and Clients. Act as first point of contact for escalations
- Processing, payment, reconciliation and reporting of benefits P11d’s (e.g. Health insurance, Pension, Share Awards etc.) as required.
- Ensuring that TMF are set up as the Agent for all clients and can download HMRC notices from Revenue’s Online Service;
- Ensure Enate is used as the principal tool for checking payroll, ensure Enate cases and tickets are responded to in accordance with the agreed timelines.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that all reporting deadlines are met;
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients and internal/external stakeholders. Follow ‘Our Service Promise’ delivery guidelines for relationship management;
- Managing and monitoring company policies, relating to payroll to ensure requirements are followed consistently and in full for each payroll cycle;
- Work with Payroll Team Leaders, Payroll Service Delivery Managers and On-Boarding Manager to ensure work is moved from on boarding to BAU swiftly and accurately
- Provide support to the Internal Accounting team for billing, debt collection and WIP as required.
- Ensure clients are billed in accordance with the signed engagement letter including any out of scope work, carrying out budgeting work as appropriate. Coordinate, billing and other internal controls to ensure that they are conducted and observed.
- Review leakage charge-out rates vs productivity on personal client portfolio and take action accordingly.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required for the role.
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions based on insight and knowledge that impact the immediate team
- Accountable for ensuring high standards of delivery to clients
- Actively engages with customers to understand their needs and will place a high priority on client service and satisfaction
- Prioritise clients’ issues and addresses them accordingly
- Will keep up to date with business trends / changes in the law that will impact their role
Critical competencies for success
- Understands TMF Group’s business lines and any relevant local regulatory requirements
- Has a good understanding of how TMF Group is structured.
- Be able to demonstrate the impact of own actions on immediate team.
Leadership & Resource Management
- Leads by example acting as a role model
- Plans, co-ordinates and manages internal and external resources to deliver results in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Will share knowledge to ensure team targets are met
- Informally manages expectations of more senior colleagues on a regular basis
- Manages internal and external stakeholder expectations with regards to delivery, escalating concerns as appropriate
- Is able to deal with conflict in a professional manner, and persuade other ‘Executive’ level staff
- Builds credibility across all stakeholder groups
- Able to engage with individuals across all areas of an organization around their area of specialism
- Manages expectations so clients always feel valued
- Proactive in identifying opportunities and seeking solutions
- Ensures relevant information is obtained and shared as needed
- Takes responsibility for delivering superior products and services
- Implements improvements to client service
Job specific requirements
- IPASS/CIPP, or equivalent qualification with substantial experience in a fast paced, high volume payroll position,
- A detailed knowledge of Paye As You Earn (including Benefits In Kind) and PRSI/NI,
- Familiarity with Revenue’s Online Service and bank transfer processes,
- Experience with payroll systems e.g. Sage Micropay, STAR and Microsoft office packagers and or willingness to learn to use payroll systems
- Experience of managing or supervising a team including allocation and review of work
- Excellent written and communication skills, with strong ability to plan ahead and organise themselves.
- Able to articulate and communicate with clients in a concise and professional manner
- Fluency in English is required
Key results Areas & Key Performance Indicators
- Enable smooth on-boarding of new clients each month into the team
- Oversee management of allocated client payrolls and their related recurring annual and day to day tasks
- Support process enhancement and continuous process improvements, utilising systems as required
- Ensure the team’s clients remain fully compliant with relevant local legislation
- Zero Customer escalations / complaints within your team’s span of control
- 100% timely and accurate time writing and productivity in line with personal target within required deadlines
- Contribute towards achieving Team’s Annual Efficiency Target
- 99% Data Entry completeness and accuracy into the local Accounting system
- 99% Compliance to Reporting Deadlines
- 100% adherence to ISO27001 Data/information Security & ISAE 3402 protocols
Applications close: 24 Mar 2023 GMT Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.