Senior Fund Accountant with German Language Proficiency, Hybrid, Associate 2
- State Street
- Krakow, Poland
- Not disclosed
- 26 Jan 2023
- 26 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial analyst, Fund accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Senior Fund Accountant with German
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a candidate who as an experienced fund administrator, provides a key role in training, and developing the newer members of the team. This is an entry-level position. The Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for monitoring all accounting related functions on Funds which are the responsibility of the Senior Fund Accountant’s assigned Team.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As a Senior Fund Accountant with German you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing fund components and completes the reviewers’ checklist.
- Liaising with other internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Leading role with Team Supervisor in liaising with other sites on all aspects of service.
- Assisting team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assisting team supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
- Reviewing and verifying completed Net Asset Value performed by Fund Accountants (with the NAV accuracy goal being 100%) in accordance with agreed timelines.
- Monitoring, proving, and reviewing for reason-ability the Fund valuation components.
- Reviewing account balances as per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, assisting and providing direction to staff in resolving discrepancies. Helping to resolve differences when required.
- Reviewing, signing and date fund accounting checklist when required.
- Assisting when required in preparing monthly reports, and reviews reports prepared by team.
- Assisting in preparation and reviewing of country-specific reports, management reports and other information requirements.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Very good German and communicative English
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- PC literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Have an enquiringly mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Seeks responsibility and takes ownership and initiative
- Professional, enthusiastic and team player
- Adaptable – ability to develop new approaches to solving problems
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
- 1+ years of professional experience in financial services industry (previous experience within fund administration is a plus)
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
About State Street
What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.