- NFP People
- £40000 - £45000 Per Annum
- 26 Jan 2023
- 25 Feb 2023
- Allison Parker
- Job role
- Accountant, Finance manager, Financial accountant
- Not for profit / charity
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
We are seeking a Finance Manager to join the friendly head office team at one of the UK’s top animal welfare charities.
Position: Finance Manager
Location: Hybrid / Watford
Salary: £40,000 -£45,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, access to free 24/7 support service including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice.
About the role:
As Finance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the charity’s finances are well planned and run, that reporting is accurate and clear and meets all regulatory requirements and financial systems and processes are fit for purpose.
As part of the Senior Management Team, you will contribute to the charity’s overall strategic and policy development.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Financial Management
- Statutory Accounts and Audit
- Directly line manage the Senior Accounts Assistant and Finance Assistant
As well as professional experience in a senior financial role, you will also be hands on with great communication skills and the ability to support and develop a team. You will have a strong track record of working in a similar role. You will be well organised with a high level of attention to detail and an enthusiasm for following process and getting things right first time. It is an essential aspect of the role that you can communicate across the organisation at all levels, using language and terminology that is both accessible and empowering. You will have enhanced analytical skills and capacity to make quick but rational decisions.
Essential skills and experience include:
- CIMA / CCAB Qualified
- Significant financial management experience
- Competent in use of standard office packages and accounting software (Sage, Xero or similar)
- Experience of payroll administration
- Experience in producing and presenting financial information including statutory accounts
- Ability to deliver complex information in a simple, clear way
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Experience of managing a team
- The ability to be flexible and work as part of a small senior management team
- Knowledge of accounting and regulatory framework for Charities
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Finance Manager, Charity Finance, Management Accountant, Senior Finance Manager, SORP, Financial Accountant, CIMA, ACCA, CCAB, Head of Finance, Qualified Accountant, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.