- Hai Hospitality
- Austin, Texas (US)
- 25 Jan 2023
- 25 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Hai Hospitality is searching for a Senior Accountant to join our Home Office team in Austin, TX!
The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing various aspects of the full accounting cycle for the Company, and will be directly responsible for accounting for all entities, intercompany transfer and analysis, monthly and annual closing of periods including account reconciliations, and financial reporting. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will support the Controller and Director of Finance & Accounting on tax, audit and year-end closing.
Here at Hai Hospitality, we enjoy a hybrid remote / in-office work arrangement. We also welcome applications for out-of-state candidates who have the ability and desire to join us in Austin, TX for a monthly office visit.
What you'll do in this role:
- Review inventory reports and post bi-weekly inventory accounts for accurate reporting
- Manage accounting workpapers for pre-paids, event deposits, and gift cards.
- Calculate and file monthly sales tax returns with the appropriate jurisdictions
- Maintain and update fixed asset system, including monthly depreciation and reconciliation.
- Maintain accounting workpapers and reconciliations in compliance with GAAP.
- Manage new vendor set-up including W9 and 1099.
Period End Close Process
- Record month end journal entries and ensure financial statements are complete and accurate
- including validating cost of goods sold, labor and expense reporting.
- Assist in monthly account reconciliation process including preparation and review of complex
- Manage prepaid and accrued expense accounts, including reconciliations and month end JE.
- Complete bank, cash, and credit card reconciliation reports
- Assist in establishing and documenting standard operating procedures.
- Assist team in completing PBC schedules and audit selections on a timely basis.
- Assist and prepare schedules and financial statements for year-end review.
What we hope you'll bring to this team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Active CPA license or sitting for CPA exam.
- 3-4 years of accounting experience as a senior accountant, assistant accounting manager. Recent public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience in restaurant or multi-unit retail preferred.
- Team Player (a “we” vs. “me” attitude), strong work ethic, self-starter, reliable
- Above average organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving, research and analysis skills
- Ability to adapt, grow, and change with the business
Hai Hospitality is proud to offer:
- 100% paid employee healthcare benefits
- Spouse / Children / Family contributions towards medical premiums
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Paid Vacation benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cell phone stipend
- Accident insurance
- Pet insurance
- Referral bonuses
- Dining discounts at all Hai Hospitality locations
- Wine Purchase Program (wholesale pricing!)
The Hai Experience: Hai Hospitality is a fast growing multi-concept restaurant company based in Austin Texas. Our restaurants include Uchi, Uchiko, and Loro Asian Smokehouse. We currently have 12 restaurants in 3 states (TX, CO, FL) and are adding 6 new restaurants in TX, CA, and AZ in the next 14 months. It’s about hospitality and giving back. Our teams take pride in their work ethic, their craft, and their creativity. Feel proud of where you work, help create an experience for our guests, and work with other cool, passionate people.