Senior IT Audit Manager
- Bank of Ireland
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- 25 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Digital, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Description of business unit
The GIA Non-Financial Risk team is responsible for providing independent insight and opinion to key partners within the Group in relation to the management of Non-Financial Risk (NFR). Collaborating with the Head of Audit for NFR, the team includes our Data & Transformation, IT & Information Security and Risk and Compliance audit teams.
Purpose of the Role
Working as part of our team you will assist in providing independent, risk focused assurance to support BoI in achieving its strategic objectives. We work as part of an assurance team providing expertise in the area of IT and Cyber risk.
- Leading the planning, execution and reporting of individual assurance assignments. Testing the design and effectiveness of key controls within business units to ensure that risk is being appropriately handled.
- Working with senior management to agree appropriate actions to improve risk management practices.
- Working efficiently and proactively with colleagues in GIA and other assurance providers in the Group, to ensure a cohesive and co-ordinated approach to assurance provision.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the key priorities, risks and challenges facing the Group.
- Contribute to GIA's 3 year strategy and its vision to provide outstanding insights and assurance in order to help make BoI better.
What is the opportunity
Be part of a dynamic team that is leading the way in agile auditing, a team of specialists, working together as a key enabler of the Group's strategic plan through the completion of high quality assurance work. You will work closely with partners across the Group.
We will give you the opportunity to Lead individual IT and Cyber assurance assignments, you will also have ownership in providing group level Enterprise Risk assurance on the control and risk management approaches in place.
Ways of Working
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our dedication to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person teamwork, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in completing audit and/or assurance assignments relevant to IT and Cyber risk, in particular experience in auditing Cloud, Cyber, Digital and RPA risk.
- Strategic approach with an ability to understand and communicate technical issues in a business context!
- Excellent engagement leadership skills with strong credentials in leading audits and delivering high quality audit work throughout the audit lifecycle. You will also have the ability to challenge management in an open and constructive manner while maintaining effective relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Track record that demonstrates sound judgement, drive, agility and resilience!
- Experience operating in an environment with significant regulatory or compliance requirements e.g. Financial Services, Critical Infrastructure etc.
- Keen interest and knowledge of the financial services industry and strategic implications of digital transformation.
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- Customer Focused - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Accountable - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Feb 3, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.