Finance Business Partner
- Kerry Group
- Not disclosed
- 25 Jan 2023
- 25 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Finance business partner, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Dairy business as a Finance Business Partner based in Portadown. We are looking for someone to join the Finance team and help us continue growing our fantastic business with over 50 years of heritage.
The role of Finance Business Partner will play a pivotal role in supporting the site in achieving its purpose through the provision and interpretation of key management information. Financial reporting and insight into cost of sales and overheads will ensure the best factory decisions and improvements are made based on accurate and insightful information.
As a business partner with key cross functional personnel, you will help to drive and embed a continuous improvement culture across both finance and Portadown team. Improving systems, processes, and reporting where necessary will help support and influence management team in delivering cost improvements.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for the preparation and taking complete ownership of the monthly management accounts pack, assist in annual budget/projection, BI monthly forecasts and year end accounts.
- Deliver accurate cost of sales and overhead reporting with key variances to budget / forecast which are fully understood and effectively communicated to site management.
- Work with site teams to investigate adverse operational variances and develop countermeasures.
- Responsible for completion and submission of reports, analysis and data to central teams.
- Oversight of the weekly Forward Projection (“Flash”) report, providing regional management with a real-time assessment of current month business performance
- Take a full and active role in site projects at Portadown to meet site objectives and drive continuous improvements in factory efficiency by interpreting production information into operations action plans.
- Take a lead role in ensuring finance team development and delivery by setting up, challenging and supporting team initiatives, feedback and learning and assisting in cover of other team members where necessary.
- Build highly effective relationships with key cross functional personnel involved in Portadown.
- Support and influence management team at Portadown site.
- Deputise for the Finance Manager when needed including representing the site
- Support business change and new ways of working
- Drive a culture of bold curiosity and questioning to drive efficiency and better performance
- Assist in the development of junior members of staff
- Ad hoc duties/requests from Site/Central
What do I need to be successful?
In Kerry we understand that people have very different career trajectories and experiences. In order to be successful in this role we would be looking for the right competencies and aptitudes as well as your proven track record of success in a similar role and environment.
- Fully Qualified Accountant with a CIMA or ACCA professional qualification.
- Post qualified experience
- Relevant Business partnering experience
- Experience working within a Manufacturing environment
- SAP experience is an advantage
- Experience of preparing and providing Management accounts & Financial accounts
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable in engaging with different stakeholders across business and communicating financial data to non-finance teams
What will I get in return?
- At Kerry, we believe in giving talented, curious people the opportunity to make a difference.
- We work as a team, searching for the best ways to inspire food and nourish life.
- We are a community of innovators, working across disciplines to solve global food challenges with a fresh approach. We want you to achieve whatever you put your mind to.
We also offer:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Hybrid working
- Health Care Cover
- Matched pension scheme
- Benefits platform offering discounts and cashback on major retailers including Tesco, Curry’s, Argos, and many others.
The aim to shape the future of food might seem ambitious to some, but to us in Kerry, it's all in a day’s work. Kerry is dedicated to helping create better-tasting, more authentic and nutritious food, and beverages. We produce safe, quality products that help feed millions every day. Wherever you are, we can work together to create inspiring solutions that nourish life.
Get in touch today!
In Kerry we benefit from the knowledge of our colleagues who bring a diverse range of cultures, backgrounds, lifestyles, and experiences. One team fostering an inclusive culture that, above all, inspires food and nourishes life. One culture where everyone brings their unique perspectives and experiences to help make us better, together. We are committed to nurturing an environment of positivity and inclusiveness, where everyone can be at their best, both personally and professionally.
Our recruitment, selection and assessment process are based on the skills and competencies of the specific roles and based entirely on merit. We are committed to and value Diversity and Inclusion in all recruitment processes within Kerry and do not discriminate based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, political beliefs, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.