- Haines Watts
- London, Finchley
- 25 Jan 2023
- 22 Feb 2023
- Ryan Ellis
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Office Manager - Finchley
It's not all about the numbers!
Traditionally accountancy has been all about numbers and commercial considerations; but not here at Haines Watts. We really strive to build lasting, valued relationships and to make a tangible and meaningful impact. It is our clients' success that drives us and we are proactively committed to helping our clients and colleagues achieve their business and life goals in a passionate and authentic way, as these are the key traits that underpin everything we do.
At the heart of our firm is our colleagues, which is why team engagement has become more important than ever before. We have achieved 1-Star recognition from Best Companies for this and we are also one of the Top 10 best accountancy firms to work for in the UK, investing heavily in colleague wellbeing and mindfulness. As the face of the workplace has shifted since the pandemic, we have adapted and challenged what the working environment looks like for our teams, creating an environment fit for the future.
We're committed to improving diversity and inclusion, not just in terms of background but also in terms of diversity of thought and skills. We are curious about how we can help shape the future of accountancy and advisory for the next generation which is why we decided to become a National Sponsor of the Reach Next Generation Summit, aligning our values with action.
The Practice Manager duties will be:
- Being part of the Management Team and assisting with the implementation of the business strategy
- Leading the Finance and Admin team members
- Providing day to day support to Partners including analysing reports, business planning, training and developing team members, implementation of workplace procedures, managing practice budget and overseeing daily practice operations, including billing, cash collection and team planning board
- Assisting with client queries, liaising and maintaining good relationships with clients and external contacts
- Client lifecycle procedures including AML processes
- Dealing with annual fee protection insurance renewals and new enrolments
- Continual process and system updates, improvements and implementation
- Dealing with IT and technical issues within the office
- Supporting new team member with IT and System onboarding and H&S induction
- Health and safety and fire regulations of building and ensuring regular updates and reviews of standards
- Previous experience in an office management style role
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of professional / financial services company advantageous
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Experience with preparing presentations and being client facing
The Office Manager will have the below skills:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, confident in talking to people at all levels of seniority
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to follow up effectively and keep one step ahead of arrangements and requirements
What you will need to be;
- Be authentic in every situation and like to be connected to your team, clients and local communities
- Like to listen and understand, to show up every day with passion and to stand up for things that matter to you
- Be driven to succeed, take initiative and want results
The Haines Watts Way:
Our collective aspirations are simple:
- We strive to build and develop valued relationships as a trusted business advisor to our clients and connections.
- We strive to show passion for our work in helping clients achieve their goals and using our initiative to help solve problems.
- But above all, we strive to be authentic and inclusive as part of our DNA.
What you get back from us;
- Competitive salary
- Study support package if applicable
- Internal mentor and buddy system to support your career journey
- Excellent personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- Structured development as well as on the job practical training
- Flexible benefits reward package
- Access to our agile working policy
- Working and learning directly from our Associate Partners and Partners
- Ability to progress all the way to the top!
If you are an authentic, passionate Office Manager who values relationships and wants to secure a role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm who offer great career prospects; we want to hear from you - find out more about Haines Watts at https://www.hwca.com/
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV's are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CV's that are submitted without instruction from Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of agency fees.