Manager - Corporate Reporting
- Massy Ltd.
- Trinidad & Tobago
- In line with candidate's profile and market trends
- 24 Jan 2023
- 08 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Finance manager, Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Massy Ltd. is looking for a suitably qualified applicant to fill the post of Manager – Corporate Reporting in its Corporate Reporting Department. The successful candidate will manage the Group’s internal and external reporting; lead financial analytics for executive decision-making, and ensure that corporate governance practices are clearly understood and deployed within Group companies
Responsible for managing technical leadership activities and to monitor the execution of same, specifically to:
- Ensure compliance with Group Financial Reporting and External Audit requirements. Ensure adherence to Massy Group Policies and Procedures. Support Group companies in maintaining proper Corporate Governance practices. Improve efficiencies in Group Reporting through technology/automation; process, system and software reviews. Provide accounting advisory and technical support to Subsidiary, Portfolio and Corporate Services Finance teams as appropriate. Key point of contact for the Group companies for all financial issues related to Corporate Reporting, Investment Appraisal and Governance Monitoring.
Responsible for leading Group Financial Reporting and Consolidation and to monitor the execution of same, specifically to:
- Be an integral part of ensuring that the appropriate financial reporting is received in a timely manner at all levels within financial reporting deadlines for internal management, Audit Committee and Board meetings. Follow up on ensuring that Subsidiaries Statutory accounts are completed and internal control deficiencies are satisfactorily addressed. Review, ensure accuracy and coordinate the Massy Group Consolidation. Review and ensure accuracy of financial KPI calculations both quarterly and annually. Assist and support in providing information required to determine core factors in determining management compensation.
Responsible for the coordination of Audit process, specifically to:
- Manage the Corporate Reporting team for the year-end audit and financials from preliminary to final stages ensuring that issues are addressed on a timely basis. Work closely with the external Auditors to provide information which are required to carry out audits and for the audit planning, including bringing relevant issues and concerns to their attention. Work with Corporate Communications and Corporate Secretarial for planning and completion of the Group’s Annual Report and financial results presentation for the Annual General Meeting. Work with Corporate Communications and the marketing agencies to ensure accurate quarterly and year-end publications are published in line with the regulatory requirements. Assist and support the renegotiation of Group audit fees on an annual basis.
Responsible for coordinating the Budgeting and Forecasting process, specifically to:
- Coordinate budgets and forecasting to ensure reports are produced according to the Group’s schedule and key strategic pillars in the budgeting/forecasting process.
Responsible for the administration of related activities, specifically to:
- Support specific initiatives related to research, reporting and monitoring to ensure full completion. Administration of key Bond and other Covenant type reporting on a quarterly basis. Support the engagement of Group tax services. Liaise with Group legal to review and advise on all engagement letters prior to signing the letter. Support Corporate Secretarial in the annual insurance renewal process for the Directors’ and Officers. Provide subsidiary rebilling information to the Corporate Services Accounting department for services rendered by external consultants and other training workshops.
Communication with Key Stakeholders
- To communicate with key internal stakeholders (Group CEO, Group CFO, and Finance Directors and other key executives and managers) to ensure that agreed objectives and business benefits are achieved within the Portfolios and Other lines of Business. To communicate with key external stakeholders (consulting firms, government agencies, auditors and other financial associates) for the management of relevant financial activities. Provide information requested by the credit rating agency annually to facilitate the Group’s annual credit rating.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years minimum professional experience and exposure required to perform the role.
- ACCA and a Post Graduate Management/Finance degree
- Adequate professional experience focusing on financial analysis and reporting.
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Understanding of related auditing functions
- Must be Results and People/Team Focused
- Ability to demonstrate Massy Values
- Able to Impact & Convince Others
- High ethical and performance standards
- Emotional intelligence
- High energy
- Ability to Lead and Develop People
- Change Agent – ability to identify, confront and change working habits.
- Self-starter: working with limited supervision
- Committed to Customer Service Excellence
- Strategic thinker and organizer
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to travel
Please submit your detailed application by Wednesday 8th February 2023.
All applications will be acknowledged. However, only suitable candidates will be shortlisted and
contacted for an interview.