Executive Manager, Centre Finance, Group Support Services Finance
- CBD Area Sydney
- Not disclosed
- 24 Jan 2023
- 30 Jan 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, property and procurement
Group Operations Finance is part of the Financial Services Division and as well as supporting the Chief Operations Office, Property, Procurement and the Groups Support Units, is responsible for co-ordinating the Group’s long –term approach to simplification and cost reduction.
Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) is part of Group Operations finance and partners with the senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Marketing, Strategy (including x15ventures), Risk, Human Resources and Legal functions. The GSSF team manages the end to end finance functions for these businesses, and collaborates regularly with other Business Unit and Group finance teams throughout the organisation. The team manages an annual P&L spend of ~$1.5b with direct engagement/exposure to ~40% of the Banks senior leadership team.
Your reporting lines
You will be reporting into the General Manager, Group Support Services Finance, who reports to the EGM Group Operations finance.
Your team will initially consist of 6 people (2 direct reports – Centre Finance senior manager and a Shared Service Senior Manager) but will leverage resources and skillsets across the broader GSSF team and organization.
In addition to being responsible for the financials of Corporate Centre, your team will be responsible for the seamless co-ordination and execution of team-wide activities, including but not limited to:
- Co-ordination and delivery of regular and ad-hoc reporting to Group Financial Reporting & Analysis team
- Delivery of portfolio insights and overview of the actuals and forecast to the GM GSSF and EGM Group Operations Finance
- Building and running a high performing shared services functions, which delivers seamless processes (either through automation or centralisation)
- Delivering insights and analysis on activities that are commons across Support Units, e.g IT expenses, redesigning reporting packs etc
- Ensuring a robust financial control framework is in place and there is a full understanding of the balance sheet at any point in time
- Providing reporting and analysis of the Support Unit results to the GM, Group Support Services Finance and EGM, Group Operations Finance
- As an Executive Manager, you will have demonstrated experience in being able to build and lead a team of direct & indirect reports, acting as a role model and building a strong performance culture. This will include:
- Coach, mentor and develop team members within the team and across the broader Group Operations function
- Help drive team goals and priorities, including a strong and vibrant team culture.
- Work with the wider GSSF team, to embed a productivity and innovation culture, and identify and deliver on opportunities for business and process improvements e.g. standardised reporting.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with all key stakeholders.
Your skills and experience
- CA / CPA/CFA Qualified
- Proven leader able to motivate, develop and build high performing teams.
- Experience in delivering high quality, insightful reporting within tight deadlines
- You will have an outcomes focussed mindset
- Experience with driving process transformation/re-engineering.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and senior stakeholder management
- Enjoy solving complex business problems and comfortable managing ambiguous situations
- Excellent customer & continuous improvement focus
Your DevelopmentIn Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 29/01/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.