Finance Manager - Expense & Productivity Reporting
- CBD Area Sydney
- Not disclosed
- 24 Jan 2023
- 03 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) Finance acts as a partner to the RBS business and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with achieving the Bank’s goals and fulfilling their business unit responsibilities. RBS Finance provides financial information and business advice to support our business units to build sustainable shareholder value. RBS Finance forms part of the Financial Services (FS) support unit, whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter.
The RBS Finance team operates as a business partner integrated with the management of the product and distribution businesses yet with a one step removed status to promote objectivity and independence of analysis and advice. Major work functions are planning, reporting and decision support to line management to promote operational and financial efficiency, productivity delivery and customer service quality.
The RBS Performance Management team is responsible for providing financial support and advice to the RBS business, with the goal of being a trusted business partner through providing valuable advice that drives business performance.
The RBS Expenses and Productivity team sits within the Performance Management team and is responsible for the delivery of annual expense plans, including actuals reporting and monthly forecasts, FTE and productivity reporting, and commercial and strategic insights and advice to drive RBS performance and strategy.
Do work that matters
- Support to Senior Manager, Expenses and Productivity across the CSN annual reporting cycle, including budget setting, plan loads, monthly actuals reporting, forecast submissions, plan transfers and financial processes including manual journals and reconciliations;
- Production of analysis and insight to drive CSN performance and strategy;
- Answering ad hoc queries from the CSN Finance team and CSN business;
- Building strong relationships with key customers and stakeholders;
- Actively contribute to process improvement, simplification and cross skilling across the RBS Finance team;
- Promote a customer-focused high performing team culture, including ongoing knowledge transfer of the drivers of the retail banking portfolio;
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Degree qualified (Accounting or Finance); and
- Post graduate qualification (CA/CPA/CFA).
- Financial Services experience in a banking or services/distribution environment is preferable;
- Strong experience in a financial performance management;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- High degree of commercial acumen;
- Excel and PowerPoint technical skills [Intermediate];
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deliverables.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 02/02/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.