Senior Manager, Workforce Planning and Forecasting
- CBD Area Sydney
- Not disclosed
- 24 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control function and specialist advice on financial management and strategy.
The Technology division delivers the Group’s information technology functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through excellent process excellence and technology innovation.
Within Financial Services, the role is part of Technology Finance, a team of ~80 finance professionals.
We work closely with our stakeholders across the Group including Technology, Business Divisions, Group Finance and the Group Transformation Office to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Your impact & contribution
The purpose of this role will be to transform and embed the Workforce Planning and Forecasting process within Technology Finance. The role covers the breadth of Technology ~14,000 FTE and ~$3.5bn cost base. You will make an impact helping CBA optimise its technology workforce and drive insights and process efficiencies through:
- Delivery of annual workforce plans aligned to Technology’s cost plans and strategic direction
- Working with stakeholders to drive process improvements within Technology Finance as well as across the end to end Workforce process End to end coordination and delivery of the planning and forecasting workforce deliverables, including ownership of the resource costing tool
- Partnering with the Technology Performance, Tech Finance Business Partners and Tech Finance Enablement teams to drive decisions based on reliable and insightful workforce analytics
- Implementation of a strategic workforce solution in the longer term
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive the development and adoption of the new workforce planning and forecasting process to enable the delivery of high quality and timely insights on Technology’s resourcing landscape to senior management
- Support the preparation of high quality analysis to senior stakeholders including actionable, independent recommendations to help Technology deliver on its strategy
- Develop and embed key workforce measures and reporting dashboards including in-depth analysis and narrative of the Tech business resourcing strategy and the various dynamics and levers to achieve cost targets
- Work with the Tech Finance teams and the Strategic Workforce Planning team to compile high quality plans and forecasts with clear alignment to financial targets
- Manage all finance-related aspects of the end to end workforce planning process, including building a strong workforce community across the business and developing a shared understanding of the key deliverables
- Ensure that the resource costing tool provides outputs that are timely, accurate and complete, in order to drive key business resourcing decisions
- Ensure risk management, privacy and financial control practices are in place and adhered to
- Take pro-active steps to improve the risk profile for Technology Finance
- Communicate effectively to senior stakeholders within Tech Finance, Financial Services and the Technology Performance teams
- Ensure that Finance requirements are effectively communicated and embedded across the end to end process spanning multiple stakeholder groups
Effective team leadership
- Lead and develop cross-functional team members to maximise engagement and performance
- Build deep business and technology domain expertise
- Role model behaviours that support a vibrant, professional and high performance culture
- Set and maintain high standards that actively balances the needs of shareholders, customers and regulators
- Drive continuous improvement of the workforce planning and forecasting processes within Finance and influence continuous improvement initiatives across the end to end process to ensure improvements are aligned to finance outcomes.
- Contribute to the enhancement of workforce analytics and transparency of workforce cost drivers and reporting
- Look for ways to improve processes and customer outcomes to deliver greater value for both the business and finance
Your skills and experience:
We are looking for an experienced individual (8 yrs+) that can make an immediate impact on the capability of the Tech Finance team and the quality of financial support we provide to the Business. This includes:
- Strong commercial acumen and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex concepts in simple language
- Strong stakeholder management skills and demonstrated ability to influence a broad spectrum of stakeholders to drive key outcomes
- The ability to build positive working relationships with senior stakeholders across the Business, Technology Finance
- Ability to think and work at both a strategic and detailed level
- The ability to work and prioritise in a dynamic, changing environment
- Strong understanding of data concepts and
- Academic and appropriate professional qualifications (i.e. accounting qualifications such as CA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Accounting/finance management related degree
- Commercial finance experience, ideally within a large corporate in Financial Services and/or Technology
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 16/02/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.