Financial Analyst| AMW| Union Place
- Al-Futtaim Group
- Union Place, LK
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 24 Jan 2023
- 24 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant, Treasury
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Associated Motorways (Pvt) LTD
No two days are the same at AMW, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognizes and rewards quality performance, and what do you get, The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started 70 years ago, popularly known as AMW now a fully-owned subsidiary of Al Futtaim Group (AFG) of United Arab Emirates, is one of the pioneers in the Automotive industry in Sri Lanka.
- Fully qualified or partially qualified an internationally recognized professional accountancy qualification (CA, CIMA, ACCA or CFA) and bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, statistics, economics, business administration.
- Minimum 3-year work experience in the similar capacity including the experience in Big 3 Audit Firms (PwC, KPMG, EY).
- Expert problem-solving abilities and significant analytical skillset, including the utilization of BI and reporting tools.
- Strong leadership capabilities and good communications skills with fluency in English.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning process and provide business finance support to the assigned Business Unit by analyzing actuals against budget/ forecast and prior years.
- Supporting decision making by providing stakeholders with timely, detailed, and meaningful insights and visibility on business performance.
- Responsible for working capital management of the assigned Business Unit by monitoring and reporting actual performance against ordering and inventory KPIs.
- Review of daily collection and deposit of cash and cheques by assigned Business Unit’s Sales Offices and scrutinize GL control accounts for exceptions and petty cash management.
- Gross Margin management by setting selling price and discount structure in SAP as per SBU.
- Review and recommend for monthly incentive payouts, dealer distributor commission etc.
- Ensure financial integrity and reliability, review and strengthen internal controls and procedures. Implementation of both AFG and AMW policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with local laws.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.