Finance Executive, RTR
- Petaling Jaya (First Avenue)
- Flexible benefits package
- 24 Jan 2023
- 24 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Audit, Financial accountant, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant, Tax, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
This position is accountable to delivery of end-to-end scope for RTR
Key accountabilities include perform month end close, ensure monthly sla are met accurately, efficiently & timely and participate/support/initiate process improvements
The individual joining the RTR team will have the opportunity to unleash their full potential by obtaining the right skills and experiences that allows them to make progress in their career
Record to report
- In charge of end-to-end R2R Scope
- Ensure all activities (including metrics / SLA reporting) are executed timely, accurately and with the required quality
- Perform general accounting operations (general ledger/fixed asset/intercompany/cash management), including preparation and posting of journal entries (forex revaluation run), completion of the month end closing transactions/accruals/procedure in accordance with the accounting polices
- Preparation of accounting schedules to support the month end reports
- Prepare cash flow statements monthly
- Handle RTR enquiries promptly
- Prepare financial statements, coordinate with group audit, and liaise with external auditors
- Preparation of group reporting pack to shareholders
Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Responsible for the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations (general ledger/fixed asset/intercompany/cash management) to local finance in accordance with agreed timeline
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with stakeholders on relevant issues during balance sheet reviews
- Perform clearing of open items in accounts
- Investigate and clear differences on a timely basis in balance sheet reconciliation
- Escalate unreconciled items within escalation timeframe
- Monitoring of status of reconciliations and escalate where necessary
- Prepare and process GL journal entries accurately in accordance with SLA timeline.
- Prepare workings for journals
- Sanity checks on interface bank statements to accounting system as per scheduled
- Perform allocation of bank transactions in accounting system to ensure unreconciled bank items reflected correctly on timely manner.
- Process bank transactions posting, such as bank charges, etc, to bank GL on timely manner.
- Perform bank reconciliation on daily/weekly (normal days) and daily (closing week) basis and circulate with relevant parties for action.
- Proactively follow up to ensure reconciliation items are processed within 3 days.
- Ensure reasonableness of exchange rates for foreign currencies bank accounts & reconciliations. Troubleshoot issues if any
Fixed Assets Management
- Process fixed assets transactions accurately in accordance with SLA timeline and SOP. Escalate and highlight for any non-compliance cases.
- Maintain fixed assets register and depreciation schedules.
- Ensure Fixed assets module reconcile to GL control account. Work with IT to resolve variances, if any.
- Reconcile and confirm all intercompany transactions and resolve intercompany mismatches. Responsible for intercompany settlement
- Perform intercompany posting
- Participate in continuous process improvement projects and plans.
- Ensure complete & proper records retention
- Perform backup activities for one’s peer/department as and when required
- Participate in UAT testing and update such findings to the management.
- Support and provide information for financial audit and tax audit
- Deliver the tasks/activities in accordance to control procedure (SOX)
- Perform ad hoc assignments
- Perform constant housekeeping on SOP & Work-Instructions to ensure the documents are complete & up to date
Your success factors?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting and/or professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CPA)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of working experience in related field
- Knowledgeable on RTR processes with hands-on-experience and understanding of financial impact
- Demonstrated success collaborating with management, peer, and stakeholders
- Possess a process-oriented approach with a continual improvement mindset
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and result oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- ERP system experience (Oracle is an added advantage)
- Experience in business intelligence tools, e.g., Tableau
- Conversant with MS Excel, G-sheets & MS Word
- Good command in both spoken and written in English and can articulate self
- Prior auditing / tax experience will be highly advantageous
- Possess a positive mind-set to be able to work in fast paced & dynamic environment
- Ability to work on Malaysia public holidays
- Able to commit in performing task assign and be accountable for all duties & responsibilities
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.