Assistant Manager, SOX
- South Quarter
- Flexible benefits package
- 24 Jan 2023
- 24 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the Role
We are looking for a SOX team member to do SOX Compliance activity in regards to ensure the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR). We believe a successful candidate has ample audit and risk advisory experience in the Technology industry, but if you believe you have what it takes then we’d love to hear from you either way. In return, you will get an opportunity to apply your expertise and be an internal go-to person on Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance.
The day-to-day activities:
- Report to the Indonesia SOX Partner
- Assist in SOX Compliance activities i.e prepare SOX documentation i.e Flowchart, Process Narrative and do SOX Compliance testing.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders throughout the company to understand, evaluate and document controls
- Assess deficiencies identified, work with stakeholders to identify action plans and follow-up on remediation activities to verify resolution
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent
- 3-6 years experience of audit and risk advisory, Risk Management, Internal Control, (including Sarbanes-Oxley Act) in multiple industries (preferably in tech industry)
- Excellent command of English
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills, plus good business acumen
- Ability to think on your feet and work independently in a start-up environment.
- Proficiency in productivity tools (Google suite, email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Experience and knowledge in the following:
- SOX audit and controls experience in Big 4 or leading organizations, with a focus on the technology and/or online internet economy sector
- Knowledgeable with current industry standards, such as COSO
- Demonstrated track record in leading engagements within a professional services or consulting environment, combined with ability to work in teams effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- Effective project management skills and a demonstrated ability to follow through and complete tasks within tight deadlines
- Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques
- Ability to identify issues, determine root cause and recommend accurate and actionable solutions to improve controls and manage risk to the company’s risk appetite
- Ability to work independently, be a good team player and be resourceful with good interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to empathize and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.