Tax and Legal Services - Tax Acceleration Centre - Tax Advisory - Manager - Beirut
- PwC Middle East
- Not disclosed
- 24 Jan 2023
- 24 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
PwC Middle East is establishing a new Tax Acceleration Centre (TAC) in Lebanon. The TAC will play a key role in supporting PwC’s Middle East Tax practice, focused on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), international tax structuring (ITS) and local tax advisory for offices across the Middle East.
This is a great opportunity to join a young and professional team, providing support to ensure the delivery of quality tax services and support to PwC’s client facing teams across the region. A career within the TAC will allow you to contribute to delivering the full value of PwC to our clients in our key markets, with a particular focus on the UAE and KSA.
As PwC continues investing in the region and developing local talent, as a manager in TAC your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Lead contact for the TAC, with clear and structured communication and interaction
- First point of contact with the engagement teams
- Stakeholder management, connecting with risk and quality, IT and technology services
- Acknowledge and approve work coming through from client facing teams.
- Assign work to the TAC team, ensuring optimal utilisation of the team of approximately 9 people (6 associates and 3 senior associates).
- Developing and maintaining reports to drive meaningful analysis of key operational metrics and processes
Onboarding for new joiners
- System accesses (where applicable)
- Time reporting application profile creations and license for applications
- Training schedules
- Review of deliverables and reports issued by the TAC team prior to sharing with the PwC Tax teams located in the different offices. The deliverables and reports issued would cover the following areas:
- Tax structuring advice – helping the client facing team in advising clients on how to operate their business in a tax efficient manner, tax efficient acquisitions and disposals for clients buying/selling businesses, debt and finance raising and vendor assistance.
- Mergers and acquisitions - looking at existing and potential tax issues and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses.
- Tax Modeling - working on tax inputs and assumptions to help our clients make informed investment decisions
- Coordinating with other PwC tax teams in obtaining tax input from different jurisdictions whenever needed.
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to senior managers and above
- Establish effective working relationships directly with the client facing team and the TAC team
- Work effectively within tight deadlines and/or reporting schedules
- Engage with all levels across the firm, with the ability to adapt your approach and style to your audience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree in accounting, finance, economics or any other related field
- At least three years of relevant work experience required in Tax - preferably tax advisory position (in big 4 or similar firms)
- Demonstrable working experience within a change environment that requires flexibility and autonomy
- Proficient in relevant computer applications centered upon Google and Microsoft Word, advanced Excel and PowerPoint)
- Able to translate tax documents into Arabic (preferred)
- Able to cope under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships, establishing credibility
- Bilingual (English and Arabic)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.