Intern, Cross Border Individual Tax, Summer 2023
- Montréal, QC, CAN
- Customized rewards programs that focus on flexibility and work-life integration
- 24 Jan 2023
- 24 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Financial planning & analysis, Tax, Trainee accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme, Internship
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Cross Border Individual Tax team as an Intern. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide tax advice on domestic and foreign assignments that empowers client organizations and their employees to maintain regulatory compliance and mitigate risk.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in 1 document.
- Participate in personal tax engagements involving U.S. and combined U.S.-Canadian individual income and estate tax return preparation for U.S. citizens living in Canada, U.S. residents working in Canada and Canadians working and investing in the U.S.
- Assist in carrying out cross-border income tax and estate planning
- Prepare U.S. and Canadian personal tax returns
- Work with team to deliver industry and technical expertise relating to complex tax and assurance issues through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high- quality deliverables
- Assist with research into client issues that arise from compliance or planning work such as the effects of various tax treaty provisions on the taxpayer (employment income, capital gains, dividends, business profits, etc.)
- Collaborate with client engagement team and build relationships with client contacts
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using MNP internal programs and systems
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Working towards prerequisites for admission into the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP)
- Previous tax or accounting related office experience is considered an asset
- Customer service and/or client service experience is considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is considered an asset
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.