Credit & Risk Insight Analyst
- Next PLC
- Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 24 Jan 2023
- 01 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Credit control, Financial analyst
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About the role:
At Next we have a great opportunity for an analyst to join our growing Credit and Risk Analytics team within Finance. As a team, we are responsible for analysing all aspects of our £1.3B credit portfolio and using data to drive insight on how we can optimise our customer proposition and business profit. You’ll be at the heart of understanding our 3 million credit customers and designing, testing and implementing strategy changes to help grow our business.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has great data analysis skills and a real curiosity about solving business problems. You may currently be in a similar role, or have recently completed your degree in an analytical field: but whatever your background, you’ll need to be the kind of person who enjoys getting stuck into complex problems, confidently analysing a range of data using industry standard tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, Excel) and working on cross functional projects to deliver great products for our customers.
If you’re excited about using data to drive real business impact, our Credit & Risk Insight Analyst role is a great place to develop your career within a growing business and well known brand!
- Produce regular reporting and carry out ad hoc analyses. Comment on trends, adding value through contributing ideas and solutions to any problems or opportunities identified.
- Identify risks and opportunities in the current processes and rules through complex analysis, using multiple data sources.
- Build and present strategy recommendations relating to credit & risk at internal and external meetings where required.
- Work with internal and external teams to deliver suitable portfolio strategies. Serving as the expert on credit risk and data, while best representing the commercial value and regulatory aspects of lending activity.
- Experience of working in an analyst position or have a highly numerate/analytical background
- A natural problem solver and enjoy working logically
- Have an eye for detail and the drive to get under the skin of complex business challenges, joining the dots across multiple sources of insight
- Enjoy working with a diverse multi-discipline team to deliver results at pace
- Experience of working with Excel and ideally SQL/SAS or similar
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to most effectively present your insights and gain buy-in to implement change
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.