Senior Accounting Services Officer - Capital Markets
- Intertrust Group
- A competitive package of salary and benefits
- 24 Jan 2023
- 24 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial analyst
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Digital, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The Jersey team consists of two teams of administrators. Each of the administration teams manage their own portfolios of clients and structures. The fee earners within the teams are responsible for the administration of the various cases with an on-going responsibility for their SPVs including incorporation, establishment of transaction and day-to-day administration. The Jersey team manages wide portfolio of Jersey, Irish, Cayman and Bahrain SPVs. This role is for a qualified accountant to support the teams of administrators.
- Preparation of annual accounts under UK GAAP/ IFRS for clients to include the arranging and coordinating of audits
- Maintenance of team specific accounts preparation and status monitoring reports and exception reports to help monitor and report the status of accounts exceptions for cases addressed both internally and externally
- Clearance of all allocated cash reconciling items including distributions and cash forecasts
- Preparation and support for complex accounting deliverables
- Knowledge or previous experience in capital markets, fund or financial services accounting will be considered as an asset
- Communicate openly and honestly with fee earners and external service providers including trustees, custodians, auditors and Investment Advisors
- Maintain client documents with integrity
- Supporting the book keeping function in conjunction with the accounting requirements of the administration team
- Be approachable and accessible to all team members, offering guidance and development when required
- Proactively ensure that internal team management information is completed on a timely basis
- Provide new, innovative ideas on how to improve the efficiencies of daily tasks
- Take care of and establish good relationships with all fee earners, administrators, team members and clients
- Drive personal development using all the resources available at Intertrust to achieve success
- Preparation of fee quotes in relation to expected accounting costs and contribution to the analysis of actual costs against budget
- Accurately record all time spent dealing with client matters to ensure the clients are correctly invoiced
- Take the necessary corrective and preventative action if an error occurs including timely logging on the error reporting system
- Be able to deal with tasks independently & use own initiative
- Must be committed and driven to achieving excellence for themselves and their client
- Strong academic background
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Strong technical knowledge
- Excellent proven client relationship experience and feedback
- Current IFRS/UK GAAP knowledge and experience
- Preferable to have experience with Microsoft Dynamics Nav
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
About Intertrust Group, a CSC Company
We are the premier global business, legal, and financial services company providing knowledge-based solutions to clients worldwide.We have locations and capabilities in more than 140 jurisdictions in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East, with more than 7,500 employees. We are the business behind business®.
What we offer you
Working with us means entering a dynamic, international, and growth-oriented company. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We’re committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people who create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Intertrust Group, a CSC company, is an equal opportunity employer.
- Intertrust Group is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Many positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please click “Apply for this role” to submit your CV and optional cover letter. For more information about this position, please contact HR via HRJersey@intertrustgroup.com
Intertrust Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. Intertrust Group complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Apply for this role
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.