Audit Staff Accountant - Financial Services - Cayman Islands
- Grand Cayman - CYM
- Not disclosed
- 24 Jan 2023
- 24 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial analyst
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join our Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
The broad business perspective you get in EY’s Assurance practice will serve as a launch pad to your career, whether you stay at EY to partner or seek a role in the C-suite. Our easy-to-use Audit Career Framework will help you map your successful career path, understand just what’s expected of you, and access the right learning, experiences and coaching to support your career progression. Along the way, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the inner workings of business and draw on your accounting knowledge to help solve complex challenges.
Your key responsibilities
You will spend much of your time meeting with our clients directly at their offices, undertaking audit activities to identify and resolve complex issues. When you start with the organization, you will join our audit practice and one of our FSO industries - Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, and Wealth & Asset Management. You will be given opportunities to work across these industries, which will provide deep knowledge of key drivers for success and risks specific to the industry. Whichever you choose, you’ll find no shortage of opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities while discovering and developing your strengths and ambitions.
How will I spend most of my time?
- Identifying potential audit issues or unusual relationships in financial statements with detailed analytical trend analysis
- Demonstrating your professionalism while working in clients’ environments and providing exceptional service
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our clients to provide definitive auditing services
To qualify for the role you must have
- Or be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting, with a strong academic record, including course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- A demonstrable plan for passing the US CPA exam, including an outline for completing all prerequisite courses and requirements to begin the US CPA program
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of a professional working environment
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
- A proven record of excellence in communication and negotiation, supported by the technical writing skills to translate data into compelling stories and meaningful insights
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Caymanian/Spouse of Caymanian/Permanent Resident status
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A passion for activities outside of your studies, especially promoting your ability to collaborate as part of a diverse team
- An eagerness to learn how our clients operate across different industries
What we look for
We’re most interested in well-rounded people who are naturally curious and ready to work on audit engagements from a wide range of backgrounds. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in audit activities, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.