Junior Associate - M&A Transaction Services
- Deloitte Central Europe
- As per local standards
- 24 Jan 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
Description & Requirements
Who we are looking for
Deloitte's Financial Advisory practice provides financial advisory services to both Slovak and international clients, including Corporate Finance / M&A, M&A Transaction Services and Valuation and Business Modeling. The team has many years of experience of providing such services and has a proven track record of working on a number of significant transactions.
Financial Advisory practice is looking for an Associate for its Bratislava based team focused on providing M&A Transaction Services (due diligence) to investors considering acquisitions and to a smaller extent divestments in Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Central Europe.
The majority of projects are likely to be in Slovakia, however limited travelling should be expected.
If you are interested in the world of M&A, investments and private equity, this is your chance!
Who we are looking for
- An exceptional individual either a graduate or who has 1-3 years of financial due diligence or audit experience (“Big 4” is an advantage) with strong educational background in finance;
- Comprehensive accounting skills including working knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting standards. Interest in M&A environment would be appreciated but is not required;
- Highly analytical mind-set, critical thinking combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills – including the ability to articulate to the team and client’s representatives is all what makes an ideal candidate for this position;
- Confidence with MS Excel, at interpreting data, generating insights, giving recommendations and providing solutions and with presenting them to others using MS Power Point;
- International education or/and experience is an advantage;
- Excellent command of English and Slovak (spoken and written) is required;
- Strong commitment and flexibility in working in a challenging professional environment;
- The ability to work with attention to detail;
- Self-driven personality;
- ACCA qualification in progress is an advantage (for experienced candidates);
- The job is also suitable for graduates.
Your future role
As a team member you are responsible for taking part in buy- and sell-side financial due diligence for corporate and private equity clients. You will be mainly involved in:
- Assessment and analysis of detailed financial statement information consisting of balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, business plans and other operational documents and data;
- Integration of data which may have an impact on the final valuation and negotiation processes i.e. identification of financial and operating trends including: normalized EBITDA, normalized working capital, normalized revenue, net debt, potential liabilities and risks;
- Preparing deal-oriented presentations and analysis that highlight specific key issues based on previously made assessments and analysis;
- Gathering and translating results of conducted analysis into essential information that clients incorporate into their deal strategy and agreement;
- Building and maintaining client relationship including serving as a point of contact in day-to-day operations, preparation of request lists as well as participating in meetings, Q&A processes and teleconferences.
What we offer
- Great career development opportunities;
- Continuous professional growth and clear career path,
- Inspiration from working with senior colleagues;
- Friendly work atmosphere and integration activities,
- Interesting work in a young dynamic team that is always ready to lend a helping hand and provide professional advice;
- Support and assistance in obtaining professional credentials such as ACCA;
- Mobile phone and laptop – available for private use;
- Additional Christmas days on top of your statutory holiday, recovery and vacations days and a birthday vacation day (birthdays should be enjoyed!), because we know how important well-being is;
- Sick days – you don’t feel your best, but you are not ill, and you don’t want to take holiday - We provide bonus sick days for this;
- MultiSport card with an attractive contribution;
- A generous well-being contribution;
- Additional payment during sick leave beyond the statutory requirements up to 100% of the salary depending on the length of the sick leave;
- Contributions to important life events, such as wedding and childbirth;
- Worldwide travel insurance;
- Staff program offering free consultations with experts in psychology, finance and law;
- Stability of an international company with extensive employee benefits;
- Basic salary: EUR 1.600 per month gross. A competitive salary higher than indicated to be agreed, depending on the professional qualifications and experience.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.