Financial Services Internal Auditor
- Michael Page
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus
- 23 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- JN -112022-5826973
- Niamh Sullivan
- Job role
- Internal audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
Responsible for leading finance, life & pension audits and providing support on other assurance & risk management activities.
The comppany provides a wide range of products including investments, ISAs, pension and insurance products - and specialist financial advice for doctors, dentists and teachers.
- Lead, manage and perform risk based internal audit reviews, in line with Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors standards, professional standards, attributes and Corporate Audit methodology.
- Stakeholder Management - build, nurture and maintain strong relationships across Finance and the wider Society and strive to continuously improve communication across the group to maximise the value of internal audit.
- Actions and Audit Follow up - follow up on previous recommendations to verify that management has taken the steps agreed and actions are completed on time and escalate concerns to line manager
- Continuous Improvement - lead and deliver assigned activities as part of our continuous improvement programme as well as identifying and recommending innovative improvements
- Audit Planning & Insight - make recommendations for the Audit Plan to the Board based on insights from engaging with the business (see stakeholder management section):
Identification and awareness of key risks, issues, themes identified during audit work and wider observations across the Society. Presentation of recommendations to Audit Leadership Team
Contribute and support colleagues in the team in the production of the Audit Plan
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA or CIIA).
- Demonstrable internal audit experience particularly within a commercial environment.
- Sound understanding of finance and accounting in the financial services industry, with knowledge of mutuals advantageous.
- Knowledge of modern audit concepts, techniques, finance, transformation and customer journeys.
- The presence, credibility and communication skills (verbal and written) required to persuade and influence others at all levels within the business.
- Independent and objective outlook with the ability to challenge accepted ways of doing things and assessments of risks by management in a constructive and professional manner.
- Proven ability to understand regulations and see how they apply in a practical way to the business.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and well organised.
- Strong customer focus with drive for continuous improvement, innovation and quality to improve our services for customers.
- Demonstrable business and commercial acumen.
- Earn an annual performance-based bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days with service anniversaries).
- Buy extra holiday days or sell holiday you don't need.
- A great pension scheme - company matched plus 2% (up to 10%).
- Life assurance - worth four times your base pay
- Flexible working - keep a healthy work-life balance with days from home and in the office
- Personal development - we offer great training programmes and support you with external, professional qualifications.
- Flexible benefits - includes our travel loan/car parking scheme, cycle to work programme and medical cover.
- Discounts - across major brands in retail, health, wellbeing and leisure.
- Health checks - access to unlimited video GP consultations 7 days a week and 500 onsite appointments each year (Birmingham and London clinics)
- Volunteering days - two days a year off work to volunteer for a worthy cause
- Salary sacrifice scheme for ultra-low emission cars (electric and plug in hybrids)
- Employee assistance programme - we help you, take care of you!