Intern - Tax, International Tax and Transaction Services (Summer 2023)
- Not disclosed
- 23 Jan 2023
- 23 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Tax, Trainee accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Internship
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
The partners and team in EY International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) invite you to join us and be part of an era of transformative tax journey.
Today, we see innovative business models continually emerge as countries face structural challenges and trends, such as climate change, acceleration of digitisation, and changing consumer behavior. These, together with the evolving global tax reforms like BEPS 2.0, have increased the complexities of doing business.
This era of changes sees Tax increasingly forming part of businesses’ boardroom agenda.
In EY International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS), we provide flexible opportunities for you to hone single, dual or multi-disciplinary tax skillsets, be it corporate and international tax advisory, transaction tax advisory, business incentives advisory and/ or transfer pricing.
You will work with our ITTS engagement teams on those tax advisory projects, helping businesses as they go through various aspects of their life or growth cycle – establishment, expansion, transformation, exit, in domestic or international markets, for example:
- Advise on market entry or exit tax issues and workarounds
- Review their legal entity structure and/ or transactional/ operating model
- Help them manage tax risks by looking at their overall tax strategy, governance and tax risk management framework
- Understand business objectives and their value drivers to help align their tax and operating model, and optimize tax opportunities like incentives or other forms of government support
- For mergers and acquisitions, advise on acquisition, disposal, refinancing, restructuring or initial public offering. And to help with negotiations throughout the transaction life cycle, from initial due diligence to post-deal implementation
- Cross border multi-country projects to help businesses navigate through the evolving and changing global tax landscape, be it tax and transfer pricing restructuring, tax disputes, or BEPS 2.0.
What we look for
- You are curious about tax
- You look forward to tax challenges within the today’s fast-moving world of business
- You see change as the only constant – you want to be there as the global tax landscape evolves
- You are agile – you can be a strategic thinker, have precision in execution, yet pragmatic in solutions, and an inclusive collaborator
- You have a growth mindset – you desire specialism, yet keen to build skillsets beyond your core
- You have grit – you aspire to be a trusted advisor
Qualifications and skills
- Pursuing university degree related to Accountancy / Business / Economics / Engineering / Information Technology
- An open mind and the ability to adapt and perform under pressure
- Problem solving and numerical skills
- Time and project management skills
- Effective and impactful communication skills (written, verbal, relationship building)
On behalf of fellow ITTS partners and colleagues, we look forward to having you with us.
Partner, EY International Tax and Transactions Services Leader
What you can expect upon application
- Candidates may expect a phone screening
- Shortlisted candidates may expect a written assessment prior the interview
You are strongly encouraged to prioritize your job application, as applicants with more than one job entry under Tax will only be shortlisted for one Tax position. This position is only applicable to students who are in their final year of study. We regret that applicants who do not belong to this category will not be shortlisted for this recruitment exercise.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume with internship availabilities
- Copy of Highest / Latest Academic Certification and Transcripts
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
To learn more about our service offerings, visit What you can do here or subscribe to EY Global YouTube Channel. To learn more about careers in EYSG, please visit Careers at EY or like us on Facebook EY Careers Singapore.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.