Senior Consultant/ Assistant Manager- FS Risk- EY Rapid Innovation
- Karachi, PK, 74000
- Competitive remuneration package
- 23 Jan 2023
- 23 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Credit control, Financial accountant, Financial planning & analysis, Internal audit, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Senior Consultant/ Assistant Manager – Financial Services Risk Management - EY Rapid Innovation
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We help the world’s largest financial institutions navigate the intricate regulatory environment to effectively manage and assess capital in support of their ongoing strategies. More than ever, financial institutions are investing in enhancing their capital management capabilities to make better business decisions, presenting us with the unique opportunity to rally together to solve our clients’ most complex challenges.
EY’s Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice is an advisory unit that provides risk management support to banks, insurers and asset managers. Our team includes individuals who have industry, client and product knowledge as well as quantitative, regulatory, project management and technology professionals. We are seeking a senior to join our team with market risk experience in the banking industry or advisory services.
Your key responsibilities
The FSRM Senior Consultant / Assistant Manager will be responsible for engagement execution and delivery; taking part in EY educational program to continuously develop skills; as well as developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and demonstrated knowledge in banking, credit, market risk and operational risk measurement and management
- Self-motivated and willing to ask probing questions to identify client opportunities
- Possess strong communication, presentation, and technical writing skills to describe ideas, concepts and issues that involve interpretation, analysis and assessment of complex conceptual topics
- Possess a self-starting attitude, an ability to think outside the box and thrive on new challenges
- Willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Academic background (Accounting, Economics, Actuarial, Engineering with MBA, IT, Finance & Investment)
- Strong analytical skills i.e., Data Analysis, Statistical Analysis, SQL, advanced Excel, R, Python, etc.)
- Professional Qualifications: FRM, CFA, PRM, Actuarial, CA, ACCA, CMA, CIA, CAMS, ISACA
- 2+ years of experience within the consulting firm (FSRM, or related areas i.e., Risk, TAS, etc.), or
- 2+ years of experience within the industry (Compliance, Operational Risk, Credit Risk, Internal Audit, Operations, Treasury, ALM, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Model Development Teams, Model Validation Teams, Datawarehouse Teams, etc,)
- We would also consider candidates with some core credit/lending experience, or core Treasury experience (traders, middle office, back office, etc.)
- Strong communication, presentation and technical writing skills to describe ideas, concepts and issues that involve interpretation, analysis and assessment of complex conceptual topics
- Self-starter, an ability to think out of the box, and driven by new challenges
- Ability to travel at short notice to serve MENA clients outside Pakistan
What we look for
If you’re a natural leader with a talent for answering and communicating complex client problems, we’re interested in you. You’ll need to be great at influencing people, ready to listen and confident in challenging the status quo. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses address their most pressing problems, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.