Derivatives Onboarding & Change Management, Officer
- State Street.
- Irvine, California; Sacramento, California; Quincy, Massachusetts
- Not disclosed
- 23 Jan 2023
- 23 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Audit, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Internal audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
An opportunity exists for the position of Officer within the Derivatives Implementations & Change Management team in North America. Focused on STP & Automation efforts, the incumbent will be responsible for new business integration & change management in the Derivatives COE. This team is also responsible for supporting continuous operating model enhancements across the lifecycle of derivatives servicing, from trade management through to accounting, pricing and reconciliation - for back office, middle office and Alpha clients.
What you will be responsible for
- Fuel Innovation- Capitalize on new ideas to reinvent ourselves and the business
- Act Globally - Understand different perspectives and cultures to align management practices to fulfill business strategy
- Client Focus & Consultation - Provide excellent service and build strategic client partnerships based on knowledge of their needs and by exceeding mutual expectations
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Develop solutions and provide counsel to ensure effective decisions are reached by employing timely, rigorous and logical analysis
- Manage Execution - Deliver flawless execution of work products through effective plans, clear priorities and developed process management methods to ensure all resources function at optimal levels
- Quality & Risk Management - Drive high quality outputs and ensure that organizational risks are managed through embedding effective controls
- Product expert for Centre of excellence. Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process and operating models
- Ensure SOPs/regulations are met and escalate as needed
- Exercise discretion and judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyse and proactively resolve issues
- Resolve issues, make exceptions and prioritize actions
- Encourage suggestions for, and implementation of, continuous improvements to core products and services
- Help others adapt to new values, attitudes, norms and behaviours that support new ways of doing work and limiting risk
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Effectively interact with internal and external clients to provide support on a global basis
- Effective communication to resolve complex issues and support implementation of process improvements
- Develop effective relationships with peers by sharing expertise with colleagues and other departments
- Liaise with internal groups to maintain SOPs, internal and external audits
- Cultivate effective relationships with our internal and external global partners
- Share responsibility for participating in corporate committees and initiatives
- Share expertise with colleagues and other departments
- Share coaching and development of staff with manager
- Develop and maintain procedures
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Solid understanding of operational functions within middle and back office Derivative Operations.
- Understanding of OTC Derivatives Product Knowledge
- Understanding of client on-boarding and/or large project implementation experience
- Understanding of Change Management
- Ability to evaluate and analyse complex data
- Experience in documentation of Operational processes
- Experience with project management methodology
- Strong analytical and solid time management skills, able to prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of in house applications an advantage– DHUB, RKS, GTM, MTEX, TIER, MCH, ESP, ADP.
- Team Player with can-do attitude
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology, finance, business or equivalent
- 4 years of related financial services experience
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$75,000 - $112,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.