- Michael Page
- £50000 - £55000 per annum
- 22 Jan 2023
- 14 Feb 2023
- JN -012023-5910551
- Eze Ewuzie
- Job role
- Finance manager
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
As a Finance Manager you'll be responsible for year-end process, including the production of the Annual Report and Accounts and the associated external audit procedure. You will be in charge of ongoing financial governance enhancements such as internal control, balance sheet reconciliations, financial system setup, legal compliance, and financial information creation.
This organisation focuses on helping families manage complex needs and advise other healthcare professionals. Their nurses enable individuals who are struggling take back control, supporting the people caring for them, so they have the strength to cope with the bad days, and enjoy the good days. They pride themselves as a passionate and nurturing organisation, and their people are its greatest asset.
- As a Finance Manager, you will serve an important role in the preparation of year-end financial reporting, including planning timetables and deliverables, identifying potential areas of weakness or delays, and developing plans to address them in advance of the year end.
- Responsible for the preparation of year-end financial reporting with the assistance of the Head of Finance. You will also ensure they are completed on time and meet all SORP, accounting, legal, and donor standards - alongside assuring that income and spending are properly analysed to aid in the preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- You will oversee all tax concerns for the Charity and its trade subsidiary, including the setup of the finance system following VAT registration and the preparation of quarterly VAT returns. Continue to monitor possible regions.
- You will oversee the Financial Accounts team, which consists of a Financial Accountant and three Assistant Financial Accountants. To guarantee that each employee is supported in achieving peak performance and development, and that the team can adapt and responding to a changing financial situation.
- Supervise the processing of all financial transactions, ensuring proper documentary support, correct coding, and relevant authorisations so that the Charity's situation is appropriately reflected in the accounts system.
- Ensure that an appropriate financial control framework is in place and functioning properly, including rigorous balance sheet reconciliations and other month end procedures that have been completed and properly authorised.
- You will play an important role in the ongoing Finance system transformation plan. This will involve working with all stakeholders to prioritise workload; investigate, test, and implement all activities and projects in accordance with specifications; and assist in coordinating training in Finance and across the organisation as needed.
- Ensuring that the costs software data feeds into Business Central are automatically integrated and as frictionless as feasible; regularly monitoring and improving financial processing and reporting by creating automation to report on each month and introducing a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Fully ACCA, CIPFA, or CIMA qualified with 5 years post qualified experience in preparation of statutory accounts and managing a small team.
- Extensive experience directing year-end closing ledgers, annual external audit processes, and implementing or strengthening internal controls and system processes.
- Proven track record of implementing or improving internal controls and system processes.
- £50,000 - £55,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 2 days a week in office
- 33 days annual leave including public and bank holidays
- Opportunity to manage a team with four accountants.