Public Sector - Audit Director
- Bishop Fleming
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Public Sector - Audit Director
We are looking to recruit an ambitious Audit Director to join our growing Public Sector Audit team.
This is a great opportunity for someone to play a pivotal role in our expansion and comes with a clear career path and opportunities for progression.
We’ve just been appointed as one of the main firms on the national Public Sector Audit Appointments (PSAA) scheme to deliver a range of public sector external audits for local government, police, fire and national parks. We’ve also just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings – and we’re the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to nearly 40 partners and 500 people.
You will be able to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
We are keen to hear from people who want to take a leading role in the development and growth of our practice – you can have real input into our long-term strategic direction.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Leading our Public Sector audit team to successfully deliver a broad range of Public Sector audit engagements
- Developing our audit team – this will include recruiting team members and mentoring our Managers/Senior Managers so that they can reach their potential
- Working with our Partner team on our South west strategic growth plans
- Building relationships, managing client expectations and winning work
To be considered for the role, you will need to be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) with experience of experience of managing a diverse portfolio of Public Sector audit clients
- An excellent communicator that enables you to build rapport with people at all levels
- A great people manager who enjoys developing and coaching their team
- A strong business developer who is keen to build contacts and network within the South West business community
- Highly commercial with a drive to contribute towards Bishop Fleming’s growth
Why Bishop Fleming?!
We’re a rapidly growing Top 30 Accountancy firm. We’ve just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings – and we’re the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to nearly 40 partners and 500 people.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Free tea & coffee in all our offices
- Free fresh fruit
- Numerous opportunities for development
Please contact Craig Sullivan; Partner or Sam Ford; Talent Acquisition Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.