Core Operations, Senior Associate
- State Street.
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Not disclosed
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Financial analyst, Fund accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
Senior Portfolio Administrators assist the Portfolio Administration Manager with the operational duties for Fixed Income portfolios. Act as first point of escalation for internal groups including other operational groups, Portfolio Management, Relationship Management, Performance Measurement Group, Compliance and Custodian for portfolios within the SSGA Fixed Income strategy group.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Core Operations you will
- Responsible for the reconciliation and outstanding exceptions associated to the employee’s allocated workload.
- Assist manager with the oversight of exception resolution for the team.
- Coordinate timely responses to internal and external inquiries across multiple operational groups; analyze root cause of inquiries for process improvement suggestions.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Monitor daily operational activities and implement controls and procedures for all portfolios within an investment strategy group
- Train and motivate Portfolio Analysts so that they meet or exceed their goals and objectives.
- Provide daily process coverage in the absence of Portfolio Analysts
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS in business or finance related fields
- 3 or more years of Investment Management and/or Fund Accounting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and accounting platforms
- Experience with Bloomberg preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently while also thriving in a team environment
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$58,240 - $84,760 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.