Public Sector - Audit Manager
- Bishop Fleming
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Public Sector - Audit Manager
Are you a motivated Audit Manager looking to join one of Exeter's top employers?
Having recently been appointed as one of the main firms on the national Public Sector Audit Appointments (PSAA) scheme to deliver external audits for local government, police, fire and national parks, we are now looking to recruit a Public Sector Audit Manager to join our rapidly expanding Exeter Audit team.
We are now working with clients across a broad range of public sectors including further and higher education, academies, housing, healthcare, police and fire authorities and local authorities.
This role will suit an experienced Public Sector Audit Manager who has aspirations to progress quickly. You will be encouraged to share ideas and will play a key role in our expanding Exeter team.
As part of the role, you will be given the opportunity to develop broader skills in areas such as Business Development which will aid your overall career development.
Working from our Exeter, you will be joining Bishop Fleming at an exciting time in our development. We’ve just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings – and we’re the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to nearly 40 partners and 500 people.
This role will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Leading, planning and delivering a broad range of public sector external audit engagements
- Coaching and developing our trainees into becoming accomplished business advisors
- Monitoring budgets and agreeing fees for each assignment
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- Contributing to business development activities in the sectors in which you operate.
Come and join us
We’re currently experiencing significant growth success. Record levels of fee growth plus our highest ever headcount. And it doesn’t stop there. We’ve got ambitious plans to double the size of our business – and we invite you to join us on our journey.
But scaling up doesn’t mean we’ll lose our personality, or our people focus. And we’re committed to being a responsible business, focussed on maintaining a healthy business, healthy communities, and a healthy environment as we grow.
Everyone here is nurtured, trusted, and empowered to develop from day one, both through challenging, diverse, and engaging work. Interesting clients and opportunities for structured development will test your abilities and lead you to your full potential. We’ll make sure of it by empowering you, trusting you and developing you professionally.
You’ll do it all in an environment that is collaborative and friendly, open, and energised, personal, and professional, forming close bonds and friendships along the way.
- To be considered for the role, you will have:
- ACA/ACCA Qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience of managing a broad portfolio of audit clients
- Great People Management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at all levels
- A strong desire to contribute to the overall success of Bishop Fleming
Why Bishop Fleming?!
We’re a rapidly growing Top 30 Accountancy firm. We’ve just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings – and we’re the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to nearly 40 partners and 500 people.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Free tea & coffee in all our offices
- Free fresh fruit
- Numerous opportunities for development
Please contact Sam Ford if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.