Senior Analyst/Manager - Regulatory Reporting (Expression of Interest)
- Sydney CBD Area
- Not disclosed
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
About the Business
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
Regulatory Reporting and Risk is a large team of dynamic finance professionals providing a wide range of reporting, analysis, insights, advice and Line 1 risk support.
The services provided by the Regulatory Reporting and Risk team includes:
- Regulatory and Compliance interpretation and advice
- Capital, Risk, Statistical and Product Regulatory reporting
- Projects, Technology, Controls, Regulatory Change Management and Governance.
About the team
As part of Group Finance, the Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for reporting to the Group’s regulator, APRA and other regulatory bodies (RBA & ABS) which supports the Group’s banking license.
Key activities include:-
- Monthly & quarterly reporting to APRA, RBA & ABS (the “regulators”) covering the Group’s financial, product, credit risk and capital positions
- Managing the impact of product & system changes in a timely manner to ensure accurate reporting to the regulators
- Compliance with and implementation of new regulatory reporting requirements
- Provision of data and information, as and when requested, to the regulators
- BU engagement, Risk and Technology
- Support Market Share analysis for internal review of Regulatory submissions.
We are open to considering candidates with varying experience levels. This is inclusive of analysts, senior analysts and managers.
Your skills and experience
- Experience in financial reporting, particularly in Group reporting highly regarded.
- An understanding of Regulatory Reporting or the Prudential Standards desirable
- Business Partnering skills liaising with other business units desirable
- Strong numerate and accounting skills with an understanding of financial products
- SQL or SAS experience in a financial institution preferred
- Intermediate – Advanced in Excel
- Strong numeracy and PC skills
- High attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of financial products and experience in a financial services firm
- GL systems and reporting package skills desirable
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Process improvement & operational excellence
- Customer focused and outcome driven and drives an organisational culture that values customers and delivers customer satisfaction
- Understands business drivers and providing genuine business valued output and analysis and interactively forms ‘business partnerships’ with other professionals
- Exhibiting a high level of energy and passion about the finance functions opportunities and challenges.
- Excellent communication skills leading to openness, honesty & transparency at all times.
Our team is looking to connect with finance professionals who are interested in being part of a high performing, customer-focused and passionate culture to build a simpler, better bank. We welcome you to express your interest and learn more about Finance opportunities. We will be in contact with suitable candidates.
These opportunities are currently not with any external recruitment agencies so ensure you apply directly.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 18/02/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.