Divisions Finance Units - Senior Manager (Expression of Interest)
- CBD Area Sydney
- Not disclosed
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Senior Manager opportunities available in our division finance units (RBS, Business banking and IB&M)
Now is the time to join a recognised leading Financial Services team in the financial services industry.
Given CommBanks commitment to building a simpler, better bank, we have a number of opportunities at the Analyst level supporting our Retail Bank, Business Bank and Institutional Banking and Markets.
Please note – This is an Expression of Interest; it is strongly encouraged that you still apply for other roles in our business.
See yourself in our team
Analyst roles within the CBA team work closely with senior management and staff across all divisions of the Group. Express your interest today for a role and begin your journey to joining the #commbanklife.
You will play a pivotal role across our divisional finance units:
- Strong collaboration with colleagues to deliver outcomes for the business division
- Delivering monthly reporting requirements to multiple stakeholders with robust driver analysis
- Identifying performance optimization and efficiency opportunities
- Driving a proactive risk based culture
- Providing meaningful performance insights for the merchants business whilst driving continuous process improvement, achieving an effective governance and control environment, and reporting function.
Your responsibilities could include:
- End to end management of monthly P&L (both revenue and expenses) and BS process (primarily for the Merchants business) including month-end Flash results, business management packs, financial control, balance sheet review and ad-hoc analysis
- Consolidation of the monthly result and month-end flash to the divisions LT
- Preparation and ownership of finance materials, including monthly LT pack and ad-hoc analysis, to facilitate discussions at the divisions LT
- Focus on risk and controls in relation to the financial management of the business
- Partnering with and supporting the business with ad-hoc financial analysis and decision support
- Providing financial advice and support for a number of projects the business are undertaking to deliver on the businesses strategy
- Deep collaboration across the bank including Product, Segment and Centre finance teams in order to achieve monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual deliverables as well as providing valuable insights across the division
- End to end ownership of Centre requirements for external reporting process
- Focus on productivity, simplification and process improvement in reporting, planning and analytical processes
- Uplifting financial controls environment with both financial and non-financial risk control oversight to ensure a proactive and transparent approach to risk
- Lead motivate, and support a high performing team, including managing performance and attracting top talent.
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Financial Control experience
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s planning and reporting cycles/procedures.
- Tableau (BI/MI tools) experience an advantage
- Degree qualified (business, finance, IT, risk) with post graduate qualification highly desirable.
- Extensive post qualified experience
This role will provide opportunity to grow leadership skills focused on great communications, proactive engagement, and constructively challenging to influence outcomes.
If you live the values, we can offer great opportunities, whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the Code of Conduct guides our decision making so we can do what’s right in every situation.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 19/02/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.