Valuation Risk Controller
- Morgan Stanley
- London, UK
- Not disclosed
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Finance director, Financial accountant, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The company provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place to learn, grow and achieve. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects who you are as a person.
- The chance to work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into our business
- Work with and obtain in-depth knowledge of a wide range of financial products from plain vanilla products to the most exotic structured derivatives
- Engagement with the other offices globally, including New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Budapest
- A competitive salary and benefits package, and eligibility for annual bonus
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interests
Morgan Stanley Valuation Control provide an independent valuation assessment across the entire spectrum of financial instruments, ranging from vanilla products to the most complex structured and derivative transactions. This process involves the certification of models and their valuation methodologies, testing for adherence to such methodologies, evaluating internal valuation marks against external benchmarks, identification, and resolution of valuation discrepancies, and communicating a valuation assessment to senior trading and Finance management. The team is also involved in the continuous enhancements of the valuation control infrastructure with a view towards global and cross-product standardization.
- Review independently valuations of a global portfolio of financial assets and liabilities using external data sources and internal models;
- Communicate with traders, regulators and auditors regularly to convey valuation results and discuss marking and valuation methodologies;
- Review valuation and risk models, while working closely with model developers, independent risk validation and financial controllers;
- Enhance and streamline existing working processes within Valuation Control Department;
- Understand global financial markets, follow market movements, and comprehend the impact on the portfolio and the firm;
- Closely work within a team of high skilled professionals in derivatives valuation and global financial markets.
Qualifications - You have:
- Completed degree in Financial Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Physics or Engineering with additional qualification in Finance, or Business-related discipline with strong technical skillset;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience;
- Good understanding of derivatives valuation and risk management, understanding of key valuation approaches and models;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills;
- Solid knowledge of any computational/ analytical software and data bases structures. In advantage – familiarity with commonly used in financial industry programming languages like Phyton.
- Professional qualifications: CQF, FRM, PRM, CFA.
- General understanding of and interest in the financial markets and products;
- Ability to develop strong internal client relationships;
- Rounded communication skills and commitment to work within the team.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.