- Northern Trust
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Tax Administrator, Nonresident Alien (NRA) Tax Team
The Global Client Tax Services Group provides tax preparation and reporting services to affluent individuals and families, foundations, endowments, estates, and corporations. This position within the Nonresident Alien (NRA) tax team will be responsible for reviewing and preparing complex tax products in compliance with tax laws and regulations for all Northern areas except Banking and Benefit Payment Services. The team communicates with colleagues and clients worldwide and is responsible for ensuring NRA clients have proper documentation on file.
- Validates US tax documentation (Forms W-8BEN, ECI, EXP and IMY) using a software-based checklist.
- Communicates issues regarding the validity of tax documentation with relationship and account managers.
- Performs a review of activity in assigned accounts to check the classification of income and the calculation of withholding.
- Makes adjustments and corrections of income classifications and related withholding.
- Reconciles income and related withholding entries across multiple software platforms.
- Prepares annual tax reporting for assigned client accounts on Form 1042-S.
- Participates in testing software upgrades and enhancements.
- Participates in assigned special projects.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Create docket items for system enhancements and responsible for ensure proper tests are completed.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member where accuracy and timeliness of data are critical especially from January through April.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft products such as Excel, Word and Access
- Problem solving skills/process oriented.
- Ability to pick up on new applications.
- Prefer familiarity with Thomson ONESOURCE
The successful candidate will benefit from having the following competencies:
- 1-3 years of accounting or tax experience.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Project experience would be beneficial.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.