Senior Consultant VAT Compliance
- Deloitte Belgium
- Competitive salary with fringe benefits
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Passionate about processes, technology and compliance? You’re not alone. Join us in shaping the future of VAT compliance.
What work will you be doing?
- Get to know your client’s business inside-out and play a key role in their indirect tax compliance deliverables in the end-to-end process.
- Provide guidance on VAT compliance related questions.
- Offer your perspective and become proficient with the tools and systems in the VAT arena to collect data and generate VAT returns and reports.
- Responsible for preparing necessary reporting and getting trained to spot possible Indirect Tax issues and opportunities that lead to efficiencies for our team and the client
- Work closely with client business stakeholders in AP and AR and other teams while being part of the Deloitte Tax team
How you’ll grow
- In the first years of your career while becoming proficient in the tools and systems, you’ll expand your tax knowledge about compliance regulations and obligations
- Increasingly, you’ll take more responsibility and move from simply crunching data to providing insights while developing your technical skills
- As you grow in your job, you will take on a more senior role, assuming more onus in monitoring compliance processes and reviewing compliance deliverables
- You’ll be involved in advisory work on routine tax compliance questions and issues in your area of specialisation
- As you become proficient in combining these various skill sets, you may become a manager and take the lead on compliance assignments and become a business advisor for clients
What’s in it for you
- You’ll grow your knowledge of tax-related tools and databases
- You’ll gain hands-on experience working for the country’s largest tax practice on some of the world’s most complex tax consulting and compliance issue
- You’ll work with a team of experienced professionals who will coach you, many are influential specialists who teach at university and are involved in think tanks
- You’ll expand your network as you work with colleagues from other Deloitte Member Firms to tackle cross-border tax questions and issues
- Who you are
- You see the value in data and accuracy and see insights where others see numbers
- You’re prepared to gradually develop technical skills to become a trusted consultant for routine compliance questions and issues in your area of specialization
- You can turn complex tax legislation into a language others can understand
- You understand the theory behind tax rules and combine analysis with insight
- You have good communication skills and a reliable team player
- You have good knowledge of MS Office and IT skills in general
- You’re fluent in Dutch and/or French and have a solid knowledge of English
- You have a bachelor's in accountancy-Taxation or a Master in a business-related discipline such as Law or Economics, Commercial Engineering or a comparable background. A postgraduate or complementary master's qualification in Tax is a strong asset
- You have 2-4 years of experience.
Deloitte Tax and Legal lies at the crossroads of tax, law, business and innovation, so it is subject to constant change. We get that. Unlike others, our young and dynamic team of tax and legal specialists thrive on this complexity and see the opportunities. It’s what keeps us sharp. We help our clients connect for impact by anticipating change, unlocking the full potential of their people, extracting strategic insights from data, and creating new value through digital technologies.
With Indirect Tax becoming many governments' preferred method of revenue raising, and evermore-complicated regulations focused on combatting fraud, it is more critical than ever to manage indirect tax compliance and cash flows. Our Belgium Indirect Tax Practice has over 90 indirect tax experts who are well informed and understand the nuances of regulations, the importance of deep industry knowledge and the growing role of technology experience.
Our VAT team offers a wide range of innovative and digitally enhanced services around VAT advisory, processes and compliance, such as:
- Business change and digital economy advisory;
- Qualitative, industry specific and client tailored advisory;
- Indirect tax function strategy and management;
- End-to-end ERP solutions;
- Future oriented compliance services and analytics
Who is Deloitte? World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
+6000 dedicated professionals, active in +10offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered by Mobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported by Parents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered by Energise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
Empowering our employees with flexible work arrangements remains essential in today's reality:
- Hybrid workplace: combination of home office and on-site (+10 offices in Belgium or client's premises).
- Part-time employment: all our jobs are open to part-time work under a 90% or 80% regime
Join us to make an impact together! Apply now!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.