Loan Trade Closing Officer
- Alter Domus
- Cork, IE
- Customised compensation structure
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounts payable/receivable, Fund accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
The Loan Trade Closing Team is responsible for external client service relating to new issue/par/distressed bank loan trades. Loan structures include large U.S. and European syndications, leveraged middle-market, and special opportunity situations. The candidate will require the skills to work with other parties within the industry, including, attorneys, trade counterparties, administrative agents and others regarding trade confirmations, allocations, KYC documentation, settlements, metrics, and industry initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate product and functional knowledge of the bank loan market to communicate with business and trading counterparties;
- Support the settlement process of loan syndications, secondary loan trades, CLOs, restructures, privates, and trade claims including funding and documentation matters;
- Maintain a working knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal-related documentation to ensure controls are in place and that guidelines are adhered to;
- Liaise with Administrative Agents with regard to KYC documentation, including administrative details, tax and fund formation documents;
- Working knowledge of the maintenance and distribution of loan documentation inclusive of private and public amendments/restructures and voting requirements with settled and trade date positions;
- Interact with internal and external counterparts such as Portfolio Management, Attorneys, Compliance, Finance, Technology, Custodians, Fund Administrators, Agent Banks, and Trading Counterparts/Brokers;
- Investigate and resolve closing and transactional issues, communicating all issues in a timely manner;
- Participate in the review of daily/weekly reports and metrics provided to clients to highlight status of trades and risks; and
- Work in a growing dynamic team environment and participate in strategic initiatives.
Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or economics, or commensurate work experience;
- Experience in CLO administration and/or bank loan syndication a plus;
- Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems;
- Ability to work closely with internal groups and external clients;
- Effective communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytic skills; strong working knowledge of fundamental financial/accounting/business concepts; and a strong, proactive interest in learning and mastering new concepts;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete tasks while providing close attention to detail; and
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience, knowledge of, or familiarity with Bloomberg, Clearpar, performance systems, and other loan research and analysis tools is an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.