Accounting, Insight and Advisory Supervisor
- Edinburgh, UK
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Belfast, County Antrim, United Kingdom
Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Overall Job Purpose
The Accounting Insight Advisory Group (AIA) are responsible for the preparation of accounts for SME clients. Much work is done for the client on the year end statutory accounts and therefore a strong understanding of FRS 102 and FRS 105 is essential.
Experience of working with medical partnership accounts would be preferential but not essential.
You will be required to provide support to the AIA Managers in regard to the profitable running of their client portfolios, working with a team of staff to ensure the highest possible standards of client service at all times and to take an active role in the growth of the office through identification of opportunities and involvement in the business development process.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be a newly qualified either as ACA or ACCA and be able to demonstrate good experience in financial reporting.
- To ensure that jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager / partner and client
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangement
- To take the hands on supervisory role on assignments as and when required
- Train clients on their accounts system
- Deals quickly and effectively with client queries (client focus)
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and provide feedback where necessary
- To implement the firm’s review and completion procedures and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts, management letter and adjustment to opening balances on a timely basis
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, mainly audit and tax, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services, actively look for opportunities to cross sell, and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil any development or training requirements
- To support the training and development of the staff within the AIA department
- To be involved in any other administrative departmental and office issues as deemed appropriate
Key Performance Measures
- Delivery of high-quality financial statements and overall service to clients
- Deadlines are met
- Budgets achieved
- Adherence to the firm’s procedures
- Flexibility towards hours of work and tasks performed including assisting other staff e.g. dealing with urgent tasks at short notice when required
- To keep confidential any information obtained concerning the business affairs of the Firm, its staff and clients
- Portray the Firm in a professional manner through appearance, conduct and attitude
Personal and Professional Qualities
- A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements
- An understanding of the following accounting packages would be advantageous: Sage and Xero.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and to add value
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed people skills to relate to clients and colleagues
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong accounts production skills. Previous experience of CCH Accounts Production would be desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to prepare corporation tax computations. Previous experience of Alphatax would be desirable, but not essential.
- Newly ACA or ACCA qualified
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.