Fund Accounting & Administration, Assistant Vice President
- State Street.
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Not disclosed
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
What you will be responsible for
As a Fund Accounting & Administration, AVP, you will be
- Supervising and mentor colleagues at the associate levels.
- Managing client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors.
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and PCAP allocations.
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Review and/or preparation of annual tax work paper packages.
- Review and/or preparation of capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents.
- Reviewing monthly bank reconciliations and post journal entries.
- Reviewing quarterly management fee calculations.
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence.
- Work with database team regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices.
- Heavy client interaction on a daily basis.
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms.
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall and capital account allocations.
- Understand how to navigate through limited partnership agreement.
- Review and/or preparation of estimated tax workpapers.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel.
- Ensure compliance with investment fund legal documents, i.e. partnership agreement.
- Assist accounting managers to ensure compliance with investment fund agreements and other legal documents.
- Special client projects.
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- An ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure, and simultaneously handle multiple assignments
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the proven ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- At least 5 to 6 years of Fund Accounting experience, including 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with alternative investment asset classes, complex fund structures and fee calculations desired
- Working knowledge of MRI, Oracle Financials, Yardi is a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$80,000 - $132,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.