Associate 1 School Leaver, Assurance, Jersey, Channel Islands, FY23/24
- St. Helier, UK
- Competitive remuneration package
- 20 Jan 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounts assistant, Audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As an Associate within Assurance, you will be a fundamental part of a multi-disciplinary team, working closely with our clients delivering efficient and effective assurance services.
Your client responsibilities
- Preparing accurate assurance documentation for review
- Responsibility for nominated audit area(s) and/or delivery and completion of smaller client tasks
- Gaining an in depth understanding of the audit process to develop knowledge
- Complete work allocated by direct supervisor within agreed budget and deadlines
- Study for ACCA and demonstrate technical/financial knowledge and skills gained
- Gain understanding of client/business issues, e.g. by using the firm’s knowledge resources
- Gather and analyse data, and perform detailed audit testing
Your people responsibilities
- Develop an effective working relationship with client staff
- Seek opportunities to expand and share knowledge
- Keep direct supervisor up to date with progress/issues
- Be proactive about own learning and development
- Seek feedback on personal performance and areas for improvement
Qualifications & Experience required
- Strong motivation to study towards ACCA professional qualification
- Task management skills
- Questioning and listening skills
- Good writing skills
- IT skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team working skills
- A-level, BTEC, CACHE, IB, NVQ and UAL
- Ability to take part in our online strengths based competency testing onboarding procedures
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.