Manager - Business Intelligence
- CBD Area Sydney
- Not disclosed
- 19 Jan 2023
- 01 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
Retail Banking Services Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter.
The team primarily provides assistance with data-driven insights, data governance, reporting and data leverage for the RBS and BankWest CFO, GM Retail Products, GM Distribution Finance and GM Performance Reporting, however other stakeholders are also managed.
This role is a key position in the RBS Finance team, to help drive insight into business performance and support decision making on both tactical and strategic decisions through detailed data analysis.
Do work that matters
- Work with the Retail Finance and BI teams to manage and deliver a pipeline of actionable, data-driven insights
- Design and develop reporting and self-serve data sets, primarily using Tableau and the Group Data Warehouse (Teradata SQL)
- Provide support for project UAT, operationalised reports and ad hoc data queries from the wider Finance team
- Stakeholder management and engagement on business intelligence initiatives
- Drive effective development of BI capability and data acumen across the team
- Represent RBS Finance on projects impacting Finance data and reporting
- Provide advice and leadership to drive reporting efficiency and effectiveness across RBS Finance
- Innovative approach to problem solving and analysis through the utilisation of the Group Data Warehouse as well as the latest visualisation tools
- Assist in the development and management of data governance practices
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the manager of this role that can be competently and safely performed
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Minimum 3 years bank or finance experience in similar environment also viewed favourably
- Knowledge of retail banking product and/or financial data sets will be beneficial
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate, business or analytics discipline.
- Intermediate SQL experience (Teradata preferred) in dealing with large volumes of data
- Demonstrable ability in using data to generate actionable, commercial insights
- Experience building reporting in Tableau that is sustainable and supportable
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand, evaluate and analyse unfamiliar data sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to all management levels
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously and drive project delivery
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 31/01/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.