Senior Process & Compliance Executive | Al Futtaim Retail | Dubai, UAE
- Al-Futtaim Group
- Dubai, AE
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 19 Jan 2023
- 07 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
The Associate works with the team to perform activities pertaining to the Control and Compliance process. This includes the adherence to policies and guidelines set up for internal controls, system maintenance and external audit.
The job holder is required to coordinate and liaise with internal and external parties to facilitate transaction related clarifications. Additionally, the individual is required to initiate and participate in continuous process improvement initiatives within the function.
This role will cover all MENA geographies
What you will do
- Develop and communicate risk policies, and maintain internal controls
- Develop close policies, procedures, standards and templates
- Support the tracking all Internal Audit reports; status, recommendation implementation timelines in conjunction with the Finance compliance Team
- Support effective training and management on the accounting procedures
- Ensuring the periodic stock count for all stores are conducted within the stipulated period ensuring that the shrinkage has been properly computed and reported.
- Assist stores with the development and implementation of stock loss action plans
- Support the streamlining of finance process through automation where possible
Required skills to be successful
- Individual Accountability
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Personal Integrity
- Strong analytical skills & problem solving skills
- Ability to follow-up on outstanding issues and work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to manage time & work under pressure
- Readiness to persevere with difficult tasks
- Ability to be assertive without being aggressive
- Able to focus and drive tasks to completion
What equips you for the role
- College or University degree in Finance
- Audit background
- Up to 2 years of experience in Control / Audit / Compliance related functions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-national organization
- Detail-oriented and reliable
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.