Senior Financial Accountant
- Companies House
- Cardiff (Caerdydd) (GB)
- £40,676 - £46,120
- 18 Jan 2023
- 18 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Companies House is an award-winning employer, with an Investors in People Gold Award, we are at the fore front in ensuring our staff reach their full potential in building brilliant services on cutting edge technology.
Inclusive and diverse teams are important to us. Wherever we can, we provide opportunities to work part-time, job-share or look for smarter ways of working. We'll support you to meet other commitments and help you find a better work-life balance. We’re keen to create an environment that works for everyone.
We offer a flexible and welcoming culture that promotes a healthy work life balance as well as a proactive approach to wellbeing that allows us to be our best at work.
The team you will be joining are friendly, passionate, and experienced individuals who work collaboratively together to ensure they are providing an excellent service across the whole of Companies House.
At Companies House we recognise that people are the key to our success so offer a fantastic benefits package including flexible working with no core hours, 30 Days Annual Leave, 8 Bank Holidays and 1 Privilege Day as well as enrollment into the Civil Service Pension Scheme with a contribution rate averaging 27%.
The provision of Financial Accounting ensures, that the results from the company’s activities, are expressed in accordance with applicable law, accounting conventions or standards.
This role is responsible for managing the month end process for Financial Accounting, with the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and associated journals. It also overseas the VAT return process and prepares the cash forecast.
You will support the Head of Financial Control in the preparation of Annual Financial Statements of Companies House and its associated Trust statement, and with the provision of supporting schedules for audit. You will also contribute to ensuring the accurate recording of all financial data in accordance with current NAO accounting requirements, ensuring effective controls are in place.
This role is based at our main Cardiff office. Although we are still working on what our "new" normal will be, you will be expected to attend the Cardiff site at least once a week and as an when required to allow ongoing support and development and to collaborate with your colleagues.
What will the successful candidate be doing?
- Completing the month end process for Financial Accounting. Manage the timetable of monthly Financial Accounting tasks, ensuring Balance Sheet reconciliation and preparation of associated journals.
- Ensure Financial Accounting monthly Actuals are delivered in line with BEIS monthly timetable.
- Performing monthly Balance Sheet review.
- The Fixed Assets accounting processes at Companies House. Oversea the Financial Accountant and Assistant Financial Accountant activities, primarily ensuring Fixed Assets accounting and VAT accounting are delivered.
- Prepare the monthly Companies House Cash Flow forecast.
- Supporting where necessary the preparation of monthly LFP Trust statements, and Board Reports, for the Head of Financial Control.
- Supporting where necessary the annual process for preparation and laying before Parliament of the Annual Financial Statements of Companies House and its associated Trust statement.
- Line management of Financial Accountant and Assistant Financial Accountant.
Extensive accounting experience.
Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to network and build relationships at all levels.
Have customer service empathy and focus and people management skills.
Vast experience that has been gained in a Finance position in a Finance section, either in private or public or in Audit and Assurance Services.
A qualified accountant (CA, ACA ,ACCA, CIMA)
Strong excel skills
Knowledge and experience of government accounting principles & processes.