Controls Assurance Senior Analyst
- Shell Business Operations
- Not disclosed
- 17 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial analyst
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Central Testing Excellence Team is composed of approximately 50 FTE of senior and junior analysts across all 4 centers. The Controls Assurance Sr Analyst supports CTE Manager in creating a risk based financial control testing plan for majority of RDS Group financial controls operated by Finance Operations as well as in business. Testing plan should be developed in accordance with a risk based methodology and delivered in line with group Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Financial Control guidelines, as well as in joint consideration with Business facing Qualitative risk factors. Controls Assurance Sr Analyst supports The CTE Manager in ensuring the plan is managed and delivered in line with agreed timeframes adhering to SOX attestation requirement and the standard of testing is consistently of a high quality across all process and business and if sought external audit reliance is gained on any internal testing carried out. Controls Assurance Sr Analyst performs testing for controls design and operating effectiveness as Line of Defense 2 for Shell.
What's the role?
- Performs financial control testing for both FO as well as in business, providing independent assessment of control design and operating effectiveness with any key observation or recommendation.
- Testing coverage includes complex accounting areas, External Auditor - Management Reliance, migration operational readiness tests, RDS and key controls with Control Owners in various Shell locations.
- Support the CTE Manager in ensuring financial controls are tested and walked through for SOX purposes in line with the agreed plan.
- Monitor progress of Control testing activities against plan and report regularly on progress to Central Testing Unit Manager
- Ensures that any deficiencies are appropriately documented in Greenlight, the deficiency tracker is always kept up to date detailing root causes, deep dives/retrospective reviews performed along with a clear plan for remediation which meets SOX attestation criteria. Ensuring businesses are kept communicated in the investigation and remediation of all controls relevant to their area.
- Provide Royal Dutch Shell (RDS)/SOX testing service to FO Process leads and for Financial Control Business leads
- Act as subject matter expert in RDS/SOX testing area
- Supports other assignment and ad hoc matters as required
- Graduate in Accountancy/Finance
- Professional qualification in Accountancy/Finance/Audit/Internal Controls field is desirable
Experience in internal controls area or audit
- Experience of planning and executing audits/test/walkthroughs
- Experience of implementing controls frameworks within the business.
- Experience in documenting processes and changes within the processes
- Highly experience in finance functional process with limited audit background/testing skill can still be considered
- Sox/RDS experience and experience of one or more Financial Processes desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of internal/financial controls, Risk Management, SOX, Audit Standards, Corporate Governance, Accounting & Finance
- IT literate and solid working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Power Point, Word, Excel)
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.