Actuarial Consulting Staff - FSO - Bermuda
- Hamilton, BMU
- Not disclosed
- 17 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Consulting - Consultant Development Program – FSO Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services - Staff
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
In our Financial Services Organization (FSO), we build a better working world by rallying together to solve the most complex challenges. We accomplish this by building trusted relationships, keeping an open mind, going all in, being bold and courageous, and taking risks worth taking. We help build a financial services industry in which financial institutions are trusted, customers’ financial goals are attainable, and the global economy is growing and secure. In today’s complex business environment, that means understanding the relationship between risk, the regulatory environment, and performance improvement, and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
Within our FSO, the dynamic Insurance and Actuarial Services practice is a market leading service, covering all segments of the property/casualty and life/health insurance industries. Put simply our experts deliver creative and innovative thinking to clients worldwide, supporting them in making confident financial judgements that will help them achieve their ambitions. Here, you’ll be right at the heart of that goal, learning everything you’ll need to become a trusted professional by directly supporting our current Actuaries.
Right from the start you’ll be working on multiple projects for high-profile brands – so you’ll need excellent time management skills. It’s a highly collaborative department, so you can expect support, advice and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. If you’re ready to rise to the challenge of meeting clients directly to provide meaningful business insights, with the potential for significant travel, there’s no better place to progress within the industry.
We’ll look to you to support our Client Engagement teams, performing diverse range of actuarial tasks, including financial modelling, loss reserving, financial and regulatory reporting, litigation support, customer analytics, e-claims, product development and pricing analysis, rate setting and other consulting projects. The role is designed to support you in your exams, backing up your academic and analytical progress with real-world, business-oriented challenges. It’s a growing area that is seeing new applications as the digital age progresses, so there’s no limit to where, or what industries you could be supporting as you develop.
When you join our insurance and Actuarial Services practice, you're a part of our Consultant Development Program. You'll be provided learning opportunities, technical competency training, and coaching to develop core consulting skills.
Your key responsibilities
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of popular actuarial processes and tools, all while prioritizing and creating work plans
- Building lasting relationships at all levels while working to interpret each client’s unique terminology, objectives, and motivators
- Keeping up to date with industry news and trends, and actively identifying risks or opportunities to improve our services
- Continually learning and sharing your knowledge with the wider actuarial team
- Travelling regularly, potentially internationally, to meet with clients face-to-face
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in an actuary or finance related field, supported by a strong academic record
- Progress toward a professional actuarial certification
- Proficiency in the English language, including the ability to understand and persuade on complex subjects both in writing and verbally
- A valid US driver’s license
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- Acompetitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.