Financial Controller Junior Analyst
- J.P. Morgan
- Warszawa, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 17 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
As part of the team you will have a unique opportunity to learn in a top global bank about the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle and diverse product scope of the investment bank so that you ensure the firm’s financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. Why this is so important? Not only this financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm’s financial position but also by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; & by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
You will get a chance to get to know the most common functions and activities such as: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
- Working closely with line of business controllers, financial control, middle office and operations
- Partnering with FAIR teams globally and various stakeholders across global locations
- Supporting consolidation of JPMorgan Chase financial data at month end, including the ability to support month end, quarter end, and year end activities
- Mobilizing change wherever possible in order to simplify processes and enhance controls
- Controlling post-closing entries and consolidation adjustments
- Performing various control procedures to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Enhancing the overall control environment around the financial reporting function
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Basic knowledge of accounting standards
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast paced, sometimes high-pressure environment
- Strong analytical skills: ability to quickly understand working set up of a complex processing and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented with ability to successfully manipulate large sets of data
- Excellent team player, who enjoys being part of a great team
- No previous work experience required – we are happy to introduce you to the finance professionals world
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.