- Bishop Fleming
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 17 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced, ambitious and driven Finance Director. If you are looking for a role in a rapidly growing firm with the opportunity to build on solid foundations, shape the function and contribute meaningfully to a firm’s overall success, then look no further! The successful candidate will be instrumental in providing leadership and vision to our Finance function as we continue on an already exciting growth journey with ambitions to double the size of the firm.
This is a rare opportunity to influence the Finance and transformation strategy in a position where there is a clearly mapped career pathway that leads into a Chief Finance Officer role in the coming years.
Working closely with the senior leadership team you will be joining an established function with good processes and systems in place and great people. The role will have significant involvement in on-going transformation projects including the implementation of an ERP.
You will be responsible for developing the Finance strategy, developing the team, supporting large transformation projects that promise to elevate the firm’s ways of operating and the opportunity to have a positive impact in a firm that is on a steep growth trajectory.
- Working with the Practice to deliver the firm-wide strategy and enable future growth
- Acting as the Financial Lead on the short, medium and long-term strategy for the firm
- Leading and developing the Finance team
- Making sure that reliable financial information is used to produce insights and facilitate decision making, including detailed financial analysis and strategic planning activities
- Ensuring we are compliant with our statutory obligations by working closely with the Risk & Compliance Partner and team
- Working with the Lead Finance Partner and Service Line Heads to ensure that there is robust commercial planning, forecasting and reporting
- Streamlining and optimising financial controls and processes
- Aligning changes in reporting and budgeting structures
- Supporting the implementation of a new ERP
- ACA, ACCA OR CIMA qualified accountant
- Experience of operating at Head of or Director level with the ambition to progress your career
- Demonstrable experience of strategic planning and analysis
- Experience of Business Partnering
- Ideally, you will have experience of business transformation projects including ERP implementations
Why Bishop Fleming?!
We are a rapidly growing Top 30 Accountancy firm. We have just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings –the highest ranked firm in our region. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to nearly 40 partners and 500 people.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Numerous opportunities for development
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.