Accounts Receivable Team Lead (12 Month Contract)
- Cork, County Cork, Ireland
- 17 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your ideal job… Just be prepared to dream big.
Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s success and growth in Ireland.
Collaboration is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for our continued success and be a key player within your job function. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering a long and exciting career with a multitude of opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
You'll become a member of the wider finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music and Apple Retail as well as the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function. This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to further develop with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
Order to Cash is a team that supports Apple’s revenue generation and related cash collection across its varied lines of business – IS&S, Retail, Online Store & B2B. We are a team of 70 people within GBS that supports these functions for the business. The EMEIA Order to Cash team has counterparts in three other GBS locations Austin, Singapore & Shanghai.
This role is part of Accounts Receivable Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team ensuring all customer payments due are received on time and matched correctly on receipt, resolving customer financial queries, document and action accordingly where payment is not received. The AR team measures and reports its success on a weekly basis by reference to a tight overdue target. This will involve close interaction with the Credit Teams, Order Management and Logistics.
- Excellent communication, organizational & interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of leading a team of people is required
- Be a self-starter who is motivated, innovative and ambitious
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment and show flexibility in dealing with evolving situations.
- Strong business partnering and customer service focus
- Manage a team of Collections Analysts.
- Ensure high standards and practices across all areas
- Establish goals and objectives for the team and set each team member up for success in their role by providing mentorship and support
- Proactive Customer Management to prevent accounts from becoming overdue and calling out where appropriate
- Manage Service Level Agreements (SLAs), issues and partner concerns
- A key part of this role is reviewing current processes, seeking out opportunities for efficiencies and driving continual improvement through effective business partnering
- Excellent customer services to both external & internal customers
Education & Experience
- Fluency in a European Language an advantage 3-5 years AR experience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.