- Robert Walters
- Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
- £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
- 17 Jan 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Tax
- Accounting - Public practice
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Robert Walters is pleased to be partnering with a highly successful and recognisable brand based in Southampton who are looking for a Tax Accountant to join the UK&I tax team. This Tax Accountant will principally be responsible for Corporation Tax and VAT compliance across the group, with support of the wider tax team and senior leadership.
- Prepare UK&I Corporation Tax computations, as well as budgets and forecasts in relation to tax matters and corporate tax compliance.
- Prepare current and deferred tax notes, to be included in the statutory accounts.
- Maintain balance sheet controls and compliance with internal controls for tax.
- Identify and implement improvement areas for tax compliance and reporting across the group.
- Review any tax related industry developments/legislation changes and work with the wider business to implement any necessary changes.
- Provide regular and adhoc tax advice to the wider business.
- Review the reliability and suitability of systems/reporting for tax compliance purposes.
- Assist with some preparation of VAT returns.
- ACA , ACCA , ATT or CTA Qualified.
- 3+ years Tax or Accounting experience gained within an established practice or industry.
- Strong tax knowledge, specifically in relation to Corporation Tax.
- Excellent communication and business partnering skills are essential.
- Knowledge of VAT and employment taxation is desirable but not essential.