Corporate Recovery Senior - Newly/Partly Qualified
- Baker Tilly Ireland
- Competitive salary & package
- 16 Jan 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Trainee accountant
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme, Part qualified, Newly qualified
Ready to take the next step? Baker Tilly are the fastest growing accountancy firm in Ireland – be a part of it!
We are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Corporate Recovery – Senior to join our Team based in Dublin city centre.
The successful candidate will have significant client facing time with responsibility for the delivery of key projects on time for the Department’s clients. The ideal person will be either a recently or almost qualified professional accountant with experience in a similar environment.
At Baker Tilly
Baker Tilly is the Republic of Ireland representative of Baker Tilly International, one of the world’s leading networks of independently owned and managed accountancy and business advisory firms. At Baker Tilly, we provide a range of professional services including audit and advisory, tax, corporate finance, corporate recovery, company secretarial, strategic corporate advice and fund management. We are a multi-disciplinary firm with a focus on mid-market, entrepreneurial, owner-managed, and family-owned businesses. With a high level of knowledge and technical expertise, we have developed an insight into what makes businesses successful.
Our people are authentic, positive and approachable – our strategy harnesses a supportive, creative and collaborative working environment for everyone. We encourage all our staff to strive for greatness and offer opportunities for personal growth and progression within the firm.
Our values continuously inspire us to be better and create not just a progress-driven culture, but a strong sense of community; an open and supportive entrepreneurial camaraderie where everyone is accessible. You will never feel like you’re lost in the crowd.
The Corporate Recovery Team provide restructuring, insolvency, debt advisory and forensic and litigation support services to help businesses and individuals confront and overcome issues they may be experiencing. We assess and advise on the extent of the problem, and determine what’s needed to recover.
The successful candidate will be working predominantly with their reporting manager as well as having a large amount of direct contact with the Department’s Partner.
The successful candidate will work across a wide range of projects as follows:
- Restructuring and Insolvency: Formal appointments such as SCARPs, examinerships, liquidations and receiverships. Preparation of detailed reports on the financial position of companies. Carrying out financial analysis and investigations. Preparation of statutory reports to parties including the Corporate Enforcement Authority, the Circuit Court, the High Court and Committees of Inspection.
Debt Advisory: Overseeing specialist advisory projects, such as due diligence reports, debt restructurings, on an ad-hoc basis. Assisting companies in fundraising for the development of their business; Acting in acquisitions and disposals of business; Forensic & Litigation Support: Prepare expert witness reports for the purposes of litigation proceedings in the High Court and Court of Appeal; Preparing loss of earnings assessment in respect of businesses and individuals who have suffered an economic loss; Carrying out detailed investigations in respect of frauds that have taken place; Providing Litigation Support in the form of forensic assistance and expert testimony in commercial legal matters.
Who we are looking for?
- Finalist or newly qualified with ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification.
- Strong commercial experience and / or relevant restructuring experience.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Strong IT skills to advanced level in Excel and Word.
- Project management skills and time management skills.
- Team player with the ability to build effective relationships Experience of working on and technical knowledge of examinerships, liquidations (CVL and court liquidations) and receivership assignments.
- Proficient in financial and commercial analysis and the ability to identify potential areas of sensitivity. Ability to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions.
Rewards & Recognition
- Competitive salary & package
- Flexible working options
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Ongoing CPD Support
- Early finish Friday Sports and social events
- Tax Saver ticket – bus/luas/dart commuter ticket
- Bike to work scheme Wellness Initiatives – VDU screening, flu vaccine, mental health resources
- Enhanced Parent’s Leave policy
- Employee Referral Scheme
How to Apply
Send your application to Isabel Byrne, HR Manager by emailing your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive, people-focused culture.
To find out more about Baker Tilly follow us on our LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/company/baker-tilly-ireland/