Manager, Transfer Agency (New Business) – Dublin or Limerick - Hybrid
- Northern Trust
- Limerick, Munster, Ireland/Hybrid
- 16 Jan 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Reporting to the Manager of the Transfer Agency New Business Team, you will be responsible for the on-boarding of new clients, funds, transitions, mergers, fund restructures, operational changes and / or share classes into Transfer Agency in a timely and accurate manner. The partner will have responsibility for managing a small team of New Business Partners. Ensure that all Transfer Agency, and related departments, and locations are fully engaged and understand the workings of the funds/clients/classes prior to go live date.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Deliver new business to Transfer Agency in a controlled and efficient manner through use of robust procedures and processes.
- Manage a number of projects end-to-end, from gathering requirements through to sign off.
- Review documentation such as prospectus, supplements, application forms, SLD's, Circulars, etc. and provide relevant and proactive feedback by the required deadline to clients.
- Ensure all required developments, enhancements and/ or set ups are completed on a timely basis.
- Ensure clients are being offered and understand standard Transfer Agency services and that anything requested outside of this is addressed appropriately.
- Ensure prospectus information and any agreed procedures are correctly translated into the operating systems, always checking with relevant SME’s and managers whether a given task can or should be supported.
- Attend internal and external client meetings to provide input and assistance in ensuring completion of the Transfer Agency on-boarding process
- Act in partnership with Client’s giving them focused attention as a first point of contact from Transfer Agency and ensuring there requirements are understood by the operational teams prior to launch.
- Maintain a good understanding of the Transfer Agency systems and participate in knowledge shares around existing and new functionality.
- Maintain a close working relationship with all areas and locations of Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting, Sales, Business Analysts, Project Manager’s and Client Services.
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency.
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls.
- Manage a small team of partners within the Transfer Agency New Business team to include mid-year and year end appraisals
- Participate in sales pitches, due diligence meetings and attend opportunity reviews for perspective new clients.
- Support the manager as required and act as a point of escalation for the team members.
- Demonstrate evidence of peer leadership in effecting improved service.
- Fulfil additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements
- Day to day assistance and guidance provided on the processing quality and timeliness within the TA New Business team.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Several years’ operational experience in a Transfer Agency environment
- Previous people management experience
- Experience in reviews of Legal and Regulatory documents (as they pertain to Transfer Agency), in particular Prospectus and Application Forms
- Experience in Project management
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Possess excellent interpersonal, client facing, leadership and communication skills
- Experience in understanding and evaluating Investor Based Performance fees is desirable.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.